Chapter 36(Not edited)

Start from the beginning

I couldn't believe how Rishi bhaya turned out to be like this even after Bade Papa being so strict. I was still scared of him.

"When will you learn to stop acting like a child?" Neha bhabi shook her head in disappointment.

Rishi bhaya took her hands in his and brought her closer "But shona, I will always be your baby." He grinned while Neha bhabi smiled at him.

"Eww! Gross! Children alert here." I faked by puting my hands on my eyes and cupping then.

Someone tapped my head a little stronger.

"Hey!" I shouted and looked up.

"Children? Look whose speaking!" Rishi bhaya raised his eyebrows.

"What?" I asked raising eyebrows back at him.

"While I was entering the room, I heard a name "Arnav" and then someone went into dreamland mode." Rishi bhaya smirked.

My eyes widened like big saucers. Did I utter out my thoughts loud? I was so going to die if I did that. What was I going to tell him?

I took a deep breath and composed myself.

"Yeh, he is a friend." I tried to sound uninterested.

"Kuch to pak raha he" bhabi took a detective type pose and grinned.

"Bhabi! Aap vi?"(you too?) I pouted.

"Come on, spit it out." Bhabi demanded.

I though for a minute and two and decided that I could tell them. We cousins used to share everything with each other. Well Navya and Vyaan were not included in it. There secrets involved more of hiding chocolates or toys.

Rishi bhaya had always been more like my own brother than cousin.

"Imighthavelikehim" I spoke so fast that I guaranteed they wouldn't understand.

"Slow down, Miss Chennai Express and come back to station again." Rishi bhaya teased.

I sighed "I like him." I wasn't going to tell him that my feelings were more than that. It was too personal and Arnav deserved to know first.

"What!" Rishi bhaya shouted.

"Sshh" Neha bhabi gestured him to be silent by putting her finger on her mouth.

"When? How?" Neha bhabi closed the door and sat on the bed beside me.

"I don't know. It just happened. It wasn't in my hands."

"Does anyone know?" That was the perfect question every Indian asked first. After that it would be followed by questions like what type of person he is, etc. Doing something secretly was adventurous yet risky.

"Maa, paa and dee know him as a good friend of mine. Maa and dee like him a lot. But I don't think, they know anything more than friend." I explained.

"I never thought there would be a day when Ashu would hide something about herself from her parents." Rishi bhaya smiled amused.

I felt guilty upon hearing his words. "It's not like I am hiding. I am just waiting for the correct time." I knew I was consoling myself more than him.

"No matter what, it still called hiding." Rishi bhaya gave me a know it all look.

I look down at the floor wondering upon his words. It made me upset and deny the truth.