Chapter 10

I was in a state where feelings were mixed. I couldn't distinguish which feeling was more powerful whether it was the shock of his presence, or the anger towards him, or the slight flutter of my heart beat.

It felt like eternity as we kept on staring at each other. Neither he moved nor me. It was total silence as if there were no people in the house, no music playing or the sounds of the car passing by on the roads. It was total silent like we were somewhere else.

"Hey, Arnav!" Jenny's voice shook the silence of the moment. It was like a thunderstorm and brought us back to the reality.

"Hi Jenny, Happy birthday." He flashed a small smile towards Jenny. But his eyes told how sincere his wish was.

He then turned his eyes towards mine and kept on staring. His face now held frown. His body language showed as if he was waiting for something. But what was he waiting for?

"Umm, Aesha??" Jenny called me a little hesitantly.

I turned my head towards Jenny, I was still in a haze.

"Huh?" I asked utterly confused

"Aesha, could you move from the door way?" Jenny asked. Her childlike beautiful face had the expression "What is going on".

"What?" I asked not understanding her words.

"Aesha, move. Let Arnav in." Jenny said slowly emphasizing each word. She was embarrassed. But why? Then a seconds later her word sank in my brain. I moved towards Arnav and realized the situation.

Arnav was standing there in blue jeans and sky T-shirt looking dashing. He had a gift in his hand wrapped with yellow wrapper. His eyes were on me as if he was trying to study me.

"Oh! I am sorry." I apologized and moved aside to let him in.

He came inside the house and hand over the gift to Jenny wishing her again. Jenny muttered a thank you and went ahead to show him inside. But before that she turned back and gave me a look which clearly said that "we are going to talk about this later on".

I sighed and closed the door and stood there for thirty seconds getting my mind on the right track.

Then I went in the kitchen and brought out the tray of soft drinks. In the main hall, everyone was gathered.

I saw my friends and Arnav standing together and talking. They were smiling at each other.

For the first time, I saw Arnav talking so freely with Rehan and Peter. I could see the friendship building in. This Arnav was not Mr. Rude. This one was a simple ordinary person having time with his friends.

I went towards their direction and stood in front on them. They didn't notice my presence so I offered them the soft drink.

"Hey friends, soft drink?" I asked

They turned their head towards me. They said no and thanked me. They had a smile on their faces. Then I turned towards Arnav and asked him.

"Umm Arnav, do you want soft drink?" I asked.

Arnav turned towards me but the smile was gone. Somewhere in a far corner of my heart, it hurt. I didn't know why was this affecting me? What was happening to me? Why was I hurt to see his smile gone when he was making my life difficult? I should be happy, right?

"No" He said and turned his attention towards Rehan and Peter. He didn't offer thank you.

I went around the room asking others whether they wanted soft drinks. Then went back to kitchen before that I turned towards Arnav and saw him smiling.

Why was he so repulsive towards me? Was I so bad? I sighed

I put the tray in the kitchen and stayed there for some minutes.

Then after ten minutes, Jenny came in.

"What was that at the door?" Jenny asked clearly confused.

"Nothing, I was just surprised to see him here. I didn't expect him." I told her the truth though half. I was not ready to share about how his eyes mesmerized me with Jenny. First, I needed to understand what was happening with my and all those answers to the questions.

"I know you and him don't get very well but he is a good guy and he is now friends with Rehan, Peter and all of us. So could you try to be friends with him? For our sake?" Jenny said slowly. She was more like pleading.

I sighed and nodded.

"I will try" I said in a defeated voice. I had to. I needed to sort out everything.

"Thank you" Jenny squealed and hugged me.

I hope everything gets better in the future.  

Do you feel any change in my writing style? Did you like it? Thank you. Keep voting! :)