e i g h t - bacon and eggs

"Her curves aren't a curse. Her body is a blessing. Her thighs are thunder and her hips are heaven."

"Nora." A voice whispered above. I groaned and turned around, it was too early to wake up. My bed was warm and so was my body. I hadn't been this comfortable in ages. Actually, I was this comfortable yesterday morning lying in bed, trying to convince myself that school was more important than sleep.

"Nora." It sounded like Jason. I scoffed mentally. Now I was hearing things too. "Nora!" A hand shoved me, my eyes flew open, settling on a beautiful form hovering over me. "Jase?" I croaked.

"Finally," he commented, smirking proudly. "Get up."

"What time is it?" I asked, my eyes battling to remain open. "Time to get up." He ushered me on, tugging at the blankets. "You never left." I stated, watching him sit down on my sheets, his hair messy, still in the shirt from yesterday.

"Thought that much was obvious." He chuckled. "Your mom left about an hour ago, but she said we should make breakfast for ourselves." Jase stared at me. "What?"
"Nothing."
I rolled my eyes, kicking him gently off my bed, sliding out at the same time. "I'm starving." He moaned as I headed for my closet, pulling out a new set of clothes. "Let me just take a show-"
"I'm hungry now." He insisted, tossing my clothes onto my bed. I scoffed, baffled by his directness. "So go eat cereal."
I walked over to my bed and grabbed the clothes again. "Cereal is for Mondays and Tuesday and every other day of the week, except today. Go make some eggs and bacon and french toast and grilled tomatoes."

I laughed, "okay, you're kidding." I caught on, moving to step around him. "Hey!" He grabbed the pile from my hands and tossed it carelessly behind him, my clothes strewing everywhere. "Jase." I said incredulously.
"Nora." He echoed my tone.
"Why are you so annoying today? Don't you have a house?" His brown eyes glimmered with amusement. "Sure, but my house isn't nearly as fun as yours. Eggs and bacon, Nora." He repeated, dragging me by my wrist down the stairs towards the kitchen.
"You're seriously controlling, do you know that?" I huffed. Jase pulled a chair from the breakfast bar, pushing me towards it. "Could you stop manhandling me?"

"You have no idea what that even means." He winked, moving around in the kitchen as if he had been living there for ages. He whisked out a tray of eggs, beating them in a bowl. "Do you need help?" I asked.

"I'm good."
"So then why did you drag me from my bed? You're clearly competent enough to cook yourself breakfast." He shrugged, "I wanted your company." He replied nonchalantly. I'm not gonna lie, though, there was definitely something about watching Jase cook that beat sleeping in. He chopped tomatoes and onions, tossing it into the egg mixture before opening several cupboard doors. "What are you looking for?"
"Pan."
"Oh," I jumped up, rounding the bar towards the right cupboard. "Here." I pointed it out to him, bending down to grab the pan. I walked over to the stove, placing it on top, Jase followed me quietly, I could feel him behind me. As I turned I realized how close he had gotten, making me stumble back, my hands grasping the stove behind me. "Ouch!" I cried out, heat searing at my hand. "Why did you put the stove on?" I accusingly asked, swallowing the tears that threatened to spill. I rushed over to the sink, flipping the cold water as it gushed over my burning flesh.

"Let me see." Jase demanded. Keeping up with me, tugging at my arm. "No." I bit back, pissed that I managed to embarrassingly hurt myself in the stupidest way. "Just let me take a look, Nora." He tugged again. "I said no-" he tugged harder, making me lose my balance, "Jase!" I tumbled to the ground, taking him down with me, he landed on top of me, knocking the wind from my gut.
I moaned, my eyes squeezed shut tightly. "Get off." I demanded, oblivious to how his body was pressed to mine. Or maybe I wasn't that oblivious. "Actually, this is not a bad position to be in." Jase notes.
Mortified my eyes snapped open and I glared at him. "Get off." I whined.