t w o - candy's confectionaries

c h a p t e r - t w o

"Curvy is something to be proud of."

 *******

candy's confectionaries

You know how sometimes you wish your parents would butt out?

"Mom..." I sighed.

"Nora, if you're being bullied, we need to report it."

"Mom, no, okay? It's being handled. I'm okay! And she didn't do anything to actually hurt me today, I tripped and fell on my hand. Please, just leave it?"

She wasn't happy. I could tell by the sad look in her eyes. After a lot of convincing she agreed that she wouldn't report it. Not after making me promise to tell her if things got out of hand. Once she left my room, I turned back to finding him.

I paged through a few more familiar as well as unfamiliar faces until my eyes spotted him. Jason Ryder. Or more commonly known as Jase. The quote he had chosen for his block was, "Find what you love, and let it kill you." He was also a part of the schools infamous field Hockey team, because football was not one of the larger sports in my school.

For a foreign reason, a smile stretched over my lips. He sure was good looking.

After putting away my yearbook, I took a shower then joined my parents for dinner. They were watching as I ate. "Guys! I'm okay!" I said a little frustrated.

"Okay, okay." My dad said with wide eyes, and hands raised.

You know how sometimes you wish your parents would butt out?

Yes, tonight was the night I wished they would for once, worry more about the weather, a school shooting, some cooking channel or even Sarah, rather than me.

The next day my mom had informed me that Sarah was coming home, with big, happy news to share. Another thing I could add to the expectations of my parents. She made it clear that I had to be scrubbed, well dressed and mannered for dinner, because after Sarah left for college a few years ago she never came back. After graduation with honors for her law degree, she moved to Seattle.

Those family members you occasionally see at Thanksgivings or Christmases? Yeah. That was Sarah.

School went by smoothly, or as smoothly as can be expected. Kara had latched onto another young girl, a freshman, bumping purposely into her in the middle of the hallways, or tripping her in the cafeteria while her hands were nervously gripped onto her lunch tray.

How could everyone just watch a bully lessen somebody else's worth on this earth, and just sit back and do nothing about it? Fueled after watching the poor girl fall to her knees in front of everyone, I left the lunchroom, in an attempt to find the curly haired girl. She had left very quickly though.

The bell went off, the hallway started piling up again. Sighing, I went back to my locker, feeling a slight discontent for not finding the girl, to at least she if she were okay.

Much to my surprise, a new note sat perched on my top shelf. I folded the paper open.

'HI :) IT'S ME.'

I felt the smile tugging on my lips. What the hell was going on? Once again, I scanned the hallway, desperately searching for someone who would be watching me, but everybody scurried off to their classrooms. I put the note back inside my locker, shutting the door, and moving on to my next class.