Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Her name is Chelsey. She's this bombshell blonde with an absolute heart of gold. I met her when I'd gone out drinking with some Uni friends."

"How long have you two been together now?" I couldn't help but ask. Both Jake and Alex rolled their eyes at me. "What? I'm curious, shoot me."

"Curiosity killed the cat." Alex sang.

"Satisfaction brought back, so shut up." I retorted. Seconds passed by before we grinned and I turned my attention to Jake.

"We've been going out for about six months now. I met her about a month before you moved away." He admitted and I grinned.

"Good job I didn't know, I'd have certainly scared her away."

Soon the topic turned to his course, job and how he was doing living away from the house.

"I miss the house, but I certainly miss Rosie more. I still drop by and she's still working her hardest for those kids."

"Any new kids in the house?" Jake smiled sadly.

"You know there are always new kids turning up. Two youngsters, no older than eight. But they're holding up pretty well. They've settled in with the other kids and Rosie now has two pranksters on her hands."

"Well she no longer had us, she needed a new set." He snorted.

"Yeah well, let's hope that these kids don't channel any of your spirit. I'm pretty sure that'd give Rosie a heart attack."

By the time we'd finished desert, I was dropping off on Alex's shoulder. So as he half carried, half supported me back up to the room, I heard Cass say something about having a glass of wine and a gossip. I was too tired to even focus on the words as I crawled into my bed, muttering a vague 'night' before letting myself succumb to sleep.

My excitement was not containable, as Alex discovered.

Creeping through into his shared room with Jake, I couldn't help myself as I launched onto the bed.

The girlish scream that came from Alex had me in stitches which in turn woke up Jake.

"Where's the fire?" He muttered tiredly. I giggled.

"No fire, but its Disney day!" It took Alex a full minute to process my words before scowling at me.

"Fucking hell, it's only eight am. Go back to sleep."

"No, get your cranky ass up and come with me to breakfast."

"Go back to bed."

"Get up."

"Charlia, I'm warning you."

"Alexander." I mocked him and he opened an eye to scowl at me. I just grinned. "C'mon Alex, or do I need to play the 'I have cancer' card?" At my words, he let out a long groan.

"You're such a pain in the ass. Get out and I'll get ready." I cheered before kissing his cheek and making my way into the main room.

I began to fully appreciate the room itself and a childish side decided that I didn't want to leave.

I'd sprawled myself on the couch by the time Alex ventured into the room.

"No Jake?" My eyes went to the door that had just closed and Alex grinned.

"He'll join us in a bit. No Cass or Rian?" He shot back, his eyes going to the third door. I shrugged.

"Didn't want to wake them." I explained and he whined.

"Why am I up this early then?" I giggled and pulled the most innocent face that I could. I didn't expect Alex to pull his phone out and snap a photo. "As cute as that face is, you're still in trouble Charlia Gaskarth."

I didn't miss the feeling of the warm butterflies in my tummy when he said my full name.

I had a family.

Venturing our way down to restaurant, we were greeted and seated by the host before we were handed our plates and shown to the breakfast bar.

It didn't take too long before Cass and the boys joined us and we were animatedly discussing our day.

"I wanna meet Peter Pan! And Tinkerbell. Ooo, definitely Minnie. We need to get a photo with Micky and send it to Flyzik! Oh and Goofy too!"

"Slow down kiddo, we're here for a week, remember?" It took me a minute before I grinned. I felt like my insides were going to burst from how excited I was.

"We can do so many things this week. But how about we get meeting characters out of the way first?"

"Sounds like a plan to me!" Cass cut in before Rian or Jake could complain. I knew that Rian had been before and Jake wasn't as interested in Disney like I was.

But they both shared the enthusiasm because I was practically bouncing once we left the hotel.

"Charlia, please kiddo, slow down. I don't want you crashing out on us." Alex's words reminded me that I wasn't an excited eight year old, instead I was a sick sixteen year old who had to be careful.

His words stopped me short and I couldn't help the pout. He laughed.

"Just keep yourself in check, okay?" I felt the excitement flood right on back and I raced ahead with Jake.

My whole mind was just in awe at the beauty of the park.

As the first day progressed, I got to meet the characters that I wanted. I even got to dance with Micky Mouse and Peter Pan.

I was absolutely beside myself with utter joy. Jake only laughed twice at my excitement, but for the most of it he just grinned and took a lot of photos.

Between the five of us, we photobombed family photos before apologising and taking one for them, Alex, Rian and Cassadee got mobbed at one point. What I didn't realise, was that they wanted to meet me too, and instantly I hid behind Jake when I finally understood.

Alex knew that I didn't really want to be around the fans unless absolutely necessary, so he spent the good part of ten minutes trying to get the attention off of me.

Cassadee stepped away at this point and the three of us walked away from the group; making sure that we weren't too far from them, but far enough for the attention surrounding me to completely drop.

I was losing track of time but I didn't care. Every moment in this day was not going to be forgotten. The food we ate, characters we met.

I felt like I was six again and I loved it.

vote & comment!
peace, love n tiger stuff xo