Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I was running from something. I couldn't see its face but I knew it was there. I heard a growl and turned. I fell and hit my head. It roared and I screamed.

~

I woke up and felt around. I sighed and saw my bright yellow comfiter. Not my favorite choice but it was cheap. I got out of bed when the pounding started in my head.

"Ugh. Mom.! Do you have any Advil.?" I yelled to grab my mom's attention.

"Yes sweetie. Do you need some?" She replied.

"Yeah. Can you please bring some up for me?"

"Sure honey. Go take a shower. You have plenty of time."

"Mkay."

I ran and grabbed my clothes. I figured since it was fall that I would wear jeans and a light sweater. After my shower, I pinned my hair back, letting my waves flow around my face. I stared at myself and noticed how different I looked from my mother. I had light brown wavy hair and she had black straight hair. I had sea green eyes and she had the normal brown eyes. I had olive skin and she was pale. I guess I got my looks from my dad but Ive never seen a picture of him. He left me and my mom when I was six. No notes, no trace of where he was going. He just got up and left. I guess me or my mom disappointed him in some way. I sighed and ran downstairs for breakfast.

"Hey honey. The Advil is on the counter." She told me.

"Thanks Mom." I said.

"Oh I have the perfect scarf to go with that blue top!"

She ran up to her room before I got to share my opinion. She came back down with a gorgeous green and blue scarf. I gasped at its beauty.

"Oh my gosh Mom! Its gorgeous!" I stared at it with desire to wear.

"Its all yours. I barely wear it so Im giving it to someone who will have use of it."

She came up behind me and wrapped it around my neck.

"You look gorgeous." She whispered in my ear. "Alright well off to school!"

I ran upstairs and grabbed my Moccasins. I went out the door and unlocked my black Honda. I looked at the car clock and realized I only had minutes to get to school.

"Crud!" I sped away but got stuck at every light.

While for a red light to turn green, I looked out the driver's window. I saw this gorgeous guy on a motorcycle staring at me. I blushed and looked down. When I looked back up, he caught my eyes and winked. I lost my breath and he rode away. Only then I noticed the light turned green and people honked behind me.

Who was that? I thought.

I drove to school, my mind on the motorcycle guy. Even though I could only see his eyes, I could tell he was very handsome. But those eyes caught me off guard. They were a stormy grey. They looked dangerous but aware. I walked to the front doors of my new school and walked to the front desk to get my schedule. I turned around to lean in the desk and found myself staring into those grey eyes.

"Um..." My voice quivered and I silently cursed myself.

"Hey. Im Justin Derane. Im new here. Can you help me find my classes?" He asked me with an amazing husky voice.

"I'm new here too. Sorry. I bet this lady could give you directions and stuff."

"How about we help eachother in finding the classes?"

"Um sure..."

Right as I said that, a preppy blonde haired girl bounces out of the office.

"Hi! Im Jessica and i'll be showing you around!" She said in a high pitched voice.