"How long are you going to ignore him?"

"Forever."

"Pooh bear, you should at least read one of the letters." She desperately encouraged.

"Why should I? It won't change anything. I'm still gon' be here and he'll still be where he is. That man ain't father of mine."

"There still isn't any changing your mind, is there?"

"No."

Granny sighed. "Okay, well. Go on about your business."

"Good night, Granny." I kissed her cheek.

"Good night, baby. I wanna meet the girl that smells like Chanel."

I laughed. The fact that my Granny knows perfume so well. She is a mess, for real. My Granny has the sweetest voice. I think that's why I loved her so much as a kid. I know that doesn't make sense..

I've been living with my Granny since I was seven years old. She's my legal guardian. I mean I am eighteen, but yeah. My Mom passed away before my seventh birthday, on November 28th. That was very traumatic for me. Sometimes the imagine passes through my mind. I have nightmares about every now and then.

My Mom and I were in a bank. That morning when I woke up the thought of my mom dying right before my eyes never crossed my mind. The bank was robbed by three base heads. Out of all the people to grab while demanding money, he grabbed my Mom. The stupid woman wasn't filling the bags fast enough and within seconds, my Mom was gone. 

As for my "father", he and my mom weren't together when she passed away. I don't think they ever were. They had that "we have a child, so we can have sex whenever" type of relationship. You know? He was there for me before she was murdered, but not like he should have been. He wasn't a complete dead beat though.

For a few months after my seventh birthday, I was bounced around from group home to group home. My "father" didn't want to man up and have the responsibility of raising me, so he signed over his parental rights. My Granny adopted me and she has been a great grandmother. She wasn't my mom, or my dad, but my Granny.

I say that, because she gave me that Granny love. That's nothing like love from your parents, in my opinion. My Granny spoiled me like she didn't know the word "no". I obviously loved that. I guess that because I needed it. As for her sweet voice, it comforted me when I went through everything.

I sat in that bank listening to angry voices. The voices haunted me while I was in those group homes. Not to mention the mean ass older kids that teased me. I needed to hear something soft, like my Granny's voice. I probably sound like a punk, but that's real life for me.

My granny keeps telling me that I need to talk to someone. Not necessarily a professional, but a true friend would be fine. When it comes to friends I have TyTy. I met him in one of the group homes. His parents passed away in a car accident. When I left the group home I thought about him a lot. He was just like me, shy and quiet, so we clicked instantly. We ended up going to the same middle school, now that's my bro! My team is coo, but I wouldn't consider them family like BK does with her team. I wish I could but nah.

When I met BK, she really was annoying! Asking me questions and shit. All of that changed quickly changed, when she told me that I should talk to someone. It instantly reminded me of my granny. That's why I went back to gym the next day. I lied when I said that I'm there everyday. My granny bought me a basketball court, and it's in our backyard. That day, I just wanted to get away because she was nagging me about my father.

Now, BK. She's fine as hell. I ain't even gon' lie. Her ass is nice, too. Don't get me started on her hips. God has blessed her in all the right ways when it comes to her body. She has nice lips, all shinny with that lip gloss or whatever it is. Maan, her eyes are pretty too, cool how they change colors.