Chapter 6

Ahkmenrah's POV

With wide, curious eyes I watched as my sister took my hand in her own. She slowly closed her eyes, a crease forming between her brows as she concentrated. Before I could ask her what she was trying to do, a sense of dizziness overcame me.

Then I saw them. All the breath in my lungs left me in a rush as I watched my sister's memory flash before me in my mind. My parents looked just as I remembered them. Even though it had been millennia, my memory of them was perfect.

Isabella released her grip on my hand. Just as quickly as it had come, the image was gone. Her hazel eyes were studying me, waiting for me to say something. There is more I can do, her voice was soft in my mind. But going too long makes me nauseous. I think I need time to adjust to all this.

"I wonder where they are," I whispered, meeting her eyes. "I would give anything to see them again."

With a faint smirk, Isabella took my hand again. They are at the British Museum in London. 

I stood quickly, pulling my sister with me. "Do you think Larry would take us? It may be a long shot but there is certainly no harm in asking. Come, Isabella. Let's ask him."

Isabella's POV

"Larry," Ahkmenrah called out. 

Larry looked up from his conversation with a man I had not yet met. He wore a hat with what tan clothing and boots. His hands were adorned with brown leather gloves, and he wore glasses and a mustache. His blue eyes twinkled in the lights of the Museum. "What's up, Ahk?"

"Isabella has just informed that our parents are in London," Ahk said breathlessly. "Do you think there might a chance we can go? We would very much like to see them."

Larry glanced at me, before turning back to Ahkmenrah. "I'm not sure Dr. McPhee would allow that, Ahk. But I promise to ask for you the next time I see him."

Ahkmenrah nodded. "I know my request may be declined. But I had to at least ask you." My brother turned to me. "Do you feel well enough to show me again?"

I sighed. You are relentless, brother. He only grinned as I took his hands again. His brown eyes were eager as I focused. I could see the image in my mind, but it was blurry, unfocused. As I tried to bring it into focus, I heard Ahkmenrah call out my name. 

"Isabella!" 

The weight of his hands were on my shoulders, keeping me steady. He gently lowered me to the floor. There was a loud ringing in my ears as my vision wavered. I blinked a few times, trying to clear it. 

My brother's breath was hot on my skin as he spoke into my ear so that I might hear him. "Are you alright? What happened?"

Flickers of my memories once again passed through my mind, however they were just as blurry as the image of my parents had been. I shook my head slowly, trying to stop them from coming. It felt as though I was forgetting those important moments of my past life. "Ahkmenrah," I murmured. "I feel rather unwell."