Chapter 10

Ahkmenrah's POV

Dexter was perched on my shoulder as I spoke with Larry about my past life. He asked a few questions here and there, but was otherwise silent as he listened. There was a sudden rush of wind as the doors to the Museum swung open. At first I was shocked, but then grinned widely.

"Isabella!" 

Her smile matched my own as she lunged at me. Hello, brother. "I'm sorry, Ahkmen. I should have come back with you before."

I laughed as we stood. "All is well, sister. I have missed you. How are Mother and Father?" 

The exuberance in her eyes dimmed slightly. "They are well. But they miss you," she told me. "Mother noticed after a week that I was missing you. Father finally must have had enough, for he told me to leave."

A smile tugged at my lips. "Well, Father is all-knowing, of course."

Isabella snickered before smiling. "Hello, Nicky."

"Your powers are back?" 

She turned to face him. "Yes," she smiled. "I am glad to have them back."

Nicky reached out and took her hand. "Show me your powers again," he tugged her along to the information desk. Isabella smiled before levitating him onto the desk. Nicky watched her for a moment, before laughing as she showed him something the rest of us couldn't see. 

I watched with a small smile as my sister interacted with Nicky. Her smile was wide as she laughed along with Nicky. She reached up to muss his hair as she hopped up to sit next to him on the desk. 

"What ever happened to Kahmunrah?" Larry questioned, coming up beside me. 

Without taking my eyes off Isabella, I answered his question. "I'm sure he's out there somewhere, waiting to make his move. Though my guess is it won't be quite a while," I finally looked at him. "Isabella is back to full health, meaning she will have no problem taking him down again."

Larry nodded, watching his son now. "He likes her," At my look of surprise, Larry clarified his words. "Not in that way, of course. While you two were gone, Nicky was asking me when she would be back. Nicky likes having her around. He enjoys her company."

I only smiled. "I have known my sister for millennia, though she will always be a mystery to me at times. Isabella doesn't always take a liking to people so quickly. Though she seems to genuinely enjoy your son's company, as well."

I can very well hear you speaking about me, brother.

A grin crossed my lips as she met my gaze, a hint of annoyance in her eyes. However, she was also smiling softly. "Yes," I murmured, knowing she could hear me. "I suppose you can."