Chapter 13

Larry's POV

"Ahk, where's your sister?" 

Ahkmenrah looked up at me. I realized he appeared tired and stressed, though from what I couldn't be certain. "Up in the rafters again. She refuses to come down." 

I frowned. "Is everything okay?" 

Ahk hesitated for a minute before finally deciding to answer. "Bella doesn't want to be here." 

"Then we can ship her to another museum, if that's what she wants," I responded. 

Ahk was suddenly angry. "You will do nothing of the sort," His face became tired again. "No, I mean she doesn't want to be here. In this life. Bella doesn't want any of this anymore." 

"Why not?" 

Ahk sighed. "She's tired of being mysterious. She just wants to be normal like Nicky." 

That sentence made me understand. "Oh... I see..." After throwing a quick glance at Bella, I turned to Ahk. "She doesn't want to be an exhibit anymore." 

Ahkmenrah's POV

I nodded. "She wants to be human. Bella told me last night that she wants to experience everything that Nicky does. She wants to go to school, she wants friends, she wants a life she can't have." 

Larry nodded slowly. "I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and your sister. Having people look at you all day, having a brother try and attack you whenever he can. It seems hard." 

"It is hard," I told him. "Sometimes, I wish I could have all that, too." 

Larry nodded again. His face suddenly brightened. "Come with me," 

I frowned, confused. "What?" 

Larry threw a quick glance at Bella, he turned back to me. "Come with me," he told me. "I have an idea."

Larry's POV

Everyone excluding Bella was standing in one of the many hallways of the Museum. They were all waiting for me to say something, as I had gathered them here for one reason. "You all know Bella, or at least are familiar with her by now." I started. 

Most of the exhibits nodded or mumbled their agreements. 

"Well, the thing is, she doesn't want to live this kind of life anymore," I continued. 

"What?" Nicky spoke up now. "Ahk, what does dad mean by that?" 

I looked to Ahk, who only rubbed a hand over his face and motioned for me to continue. "She's tired of being an exhibit in a Museum. She wants the kind of life that Nick and I have. Ahk told me that Bella wants friends, and she wants to go to school. Well, I started thinking. While she can't physically do all that because of what she is, maybe we can give her an idea of what it all may be like. What do you guys think?" 

The exhibits began to get excited. It appeared they all wanted to help Bella out and make her realize that what she had could never be replaced. She had a family here. Bella had friends, even though she never actually talked to anyone besides me, Nick, and her brother. Bella had an amazing life here and she was so willing to give it all away for something else. 

Teddy stepped forward and placed a hand on my shoulder. He gave me a smile. "Let's do it, Lawrence."