Chapter 4

Just One Kiss

4

Shae Reece's POV

I ran while breathing heavily. The wind lashed against my face, making my face sting. Why did he walk so fast? I blamed him from my mind. Well it was basically my fault but I just didn't want to admit it. Nothing was ever Shae Reece's fault. I just push the blame onto others. Since I got pushed into a parade which I don't even know why it was there, I got pushed, bumped, and shoved around. Hitting into dozens of sweaty people wasn't fun.

I kept on pushing myself to run forwards, from where I saw the soul eater disappear a few minutes ago. I can't lose sight of this soul-eater. After all it was my job to kill them, being a hunter.

My feet were burning from all the running, and my chest felt like it was on fire. I still urged myself forward, feeling my body protest from my actions. I still had school tomorrow and I don't think I can wake up on time. Well i guess I can probably beat my usual time getting there. The thought of waking up early tomorrow made me groan mentally.

I took a whiff of the air and smelled the soul eater. It had always been my talent, smelling the monsters scent. Rust, mint, cologne, and a tinge of blood. I stopped immediately and felt my muscles slowly relax from the running. That was one heck of a workout. I followed the rusty smell and took a sharp turn, smiling when i saw a black figure talking on his phone.

"Miss you too babe." He licked his lips hungrily and continued walking. I kept my eyes fixed on my target at least 50 meters in front of me and crept behind him quietly.

The soul eater stopped walking and took another sharp turn. I tried to keep a safe distance from him. But after a few more turns, I lost him. 

"Argh!" I whispered and ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. Staying quiet, I heard faint whispers and parts of a conversation.

".....happy.....here.... believe.....would..." I kept walking in the direction, keeping my back against the walls.

"...love you." A woman's voice murmured. Faint, but louder than before.

The cold and hard brick walls scratched my back as I slid along quietly. I cursed in my head. My new leather jacket was probably getting all scratched up. I shook away the thoughts, time was running out, the woman had already said she loved that soul eating monster, it wouldn't be too long before they kissed.

I reached my hand into my black combat boots and pulled out a sharp dagger. If I was fast enough, the woman probably wont even see me killing the monster. If i was too slow, then i would probably have a lot of explaining to do. I ran my fingers across it and got a comfortable grip on it. I quickly estimated where they were by their voices and pulled the hood of my leather jacket over my head.

"I love.." The monsters voice began. He leaned closer but right before their lips touched, I leaped out from behind the wall and used the back of the blade to knock out the girl. 

"Why are all you hunters so annoying? I was starving!" He whined. Is he even an adult? Whining? Seriously? I ignored him and crouched on the ground to spin with my leg stuck out. As my leg made contact with his ankles, I heard a satisfying crack. I get pretty sadistic when it comes to hurting soul eaters.. He fell face first onto the ground, getting mud all over his pretty face. I chucked and bent down to put my foot on his back to prevent him from getting up.

"Well goodbye Mr. soul eater!" I plunged the blade through his neck and then quickly pulled it out again.

I stood up with a sadistic smirk on my face, I took out a gun from my back pocket. I had gotten it as a gift on one of my birthdays. Pretty dangerous, but I loved it. I hated these monsters so much, I knew I didn't need to shoot them, but this wasn't in the rulebook either.