Chapter Twenty Five

Third Person P.O.V

Draco stayed with Harry the entire night despite everyone's protests for him to stay somewhere else for the night. He couldn't go back home because it was a crime scene but he would stay someone else. Katie had gone home to her parents' house and was resting. Draco was cradling Harry's limp hand when his mother walked in.

"Draco, you need to get some rest baby." His mother said as she sat next to him.

"What I need is for my husband to wake up." He snapped. "You said he'll be waking up soon! That was nearly twenty-four hours ago." Draco choked back a sob.

"Well you know us doctor's Draco; we can't be right on everything."

"So will he even wake up? Or is he going to die?" Draco sneered and his mother sighed.

"Draco, go home, get a few things you need and we'll out you in a hotel for tonight." She told him and he shook his head. "You can come back when you're settled at the hotel but please, do this for me?" She pleaded and he sighed.

"Fine but I am coming back as soon as possible. But if he wakes up while I am gone, I will be very mad." He told her and she nodded.

"Understandable, now shoo, I will watch over him." She promised and kissed his head. He got up and left the hospital. He raced home and the apartment was empty. No one was in sight so he looked around. Sure enough, their glass/wooden coffee table was shattered. Draco held back tears and peered down the hallway. The crime numbers were still but not a lot of blood remained. He noticed the dent in the wall where Harry must have hit. He sighed and shook his head carefully stepping over everything and grabbing a few things. He threw his old suitcase from the tour on the bed. He packed new clothes and carefully stepped over everything. He hauled a taxi as soon as he got outside. He pulled up to a hotel closest to the hospital and got a hotel room. He deiced to get washed up before he went back to the hospital. He ran back after his shower and his mother was whispering softly to Harry.

"Harry dear, I know that my husband and you aren't close but he's very worried about you. He's worried about Draco because my son is just so smitten over you. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have married you." She whispered. Draco decided not make his presence known yet, he wanted to hear his mother. "I've always accepted you and that's what has me so distraught over this. I think of you as a son Harry, you've made my little boy happier than I could ever." She gently brushed Harry's hair away from his face. "And you're giving me grandchild. When you and Draco said you were engaged, I was worried I'd never get a grandchild. Draco is my only child and to think the Malfoy name would end with him is a little upsetting." She said through teary eyes. "Well technically it is because he took your name but he'll still have Malfoy blood." She whispered. Draco smiled as his mother whispered sweet things to his husband. Harry had never had a mother and to hear that his mother thought of him as a son, it made his heart soar. Draco knocked on the door and his mother jumped.

"Sorry, has he woken yet?" He asked knowing very well his husband had not so as much moved let alone woken up.

"Not yet." She frowned. "Are you settled?"

"Yeah... the apartment was- was a mess." Draco frowned.

"We haven't been there yet." She told him as she stroked his face. "Is it bad?"

"A little." He sighed. "We're gonna move to the suburbs." He told her.

"Draco, do you want our house?" She asked and he looked at her shaking his head.