023

I updated earlier today, make sure you read chapter 22 before reading this!

***

Luckily Liam leaves to get back into working on finding who is stealing our money. I am left alone with Niall once again who is still looking down into his paper cup that no longer has any coffee.

I observe him with intensity waiting for him to realize I am staring at him.

"Can you stop staring at me like a creep?" He asks with his eyes still fixed on the cup on his hands.

"I am just trying to figure out what's wrong with you." I say touching my chin.

"There is nothing going on with me." He says looking into my eyes.

"C'mon Niall I know you for way too many years to know when you are lying." I say.

"I am not lying. Everything is peachy." He says sounding irritated.

"That just makes it more obvious that something is wrong." I say.

"It's nothing. I am just tired I guess." He says rubbing his closet eyes.

"Oh so you are telling me that nothing is wrong between Joanna and you?" I ask with a raised brow.

His head snack up as soon as he hears her name. His face yet again confirms that something is wrong. He tries to cover it up by looking somewhere else.

"Nothing is wrong between Joanna and I. I don't know where you got that from." Niall says.

"I don't know maybe because you always talk at least 'thank you' or 'hi' and today you didn't even look at each other?" I asked.

"I-I" He started but he didn't finished because he sighed loudly. "It's nothing you have to worry about."

"It is since you are one of my best friends and she is my secretary." I say.

"No, Harry there are things I can't talk about and that's one of them." He says.

"Niall you can tell me anything. I am not going to get mad. Something happened while I was away, just tell me what it was?" I ask. "I am asking this as Harry your best friend not Harry Styles the CEO."

"I...yeah it's something that happened while you were in Paris." He finally confirms.

He reminds in silence and I wonder if he is going to elaborate or not. Luckily he continues.

"You don't know what is like to see you all so happy. Louis with Eleanor and Violet and you. Then there is me, the lonely lad without a girl that lasts him more than a week." He sighs.