4) Know her past, know your future.

Start from the beginning

“Seriously?” I asked looking back. We’ve been here for two hours already? I looked back at the work we’ve done. Oh, that would make sense. Half an hour of Abbie’s voice and half an hour of working with Abbie’s voice… maybe an hour of just staring at her lips…..  yeah, it would all add up to make two hours.

“Do you want to just finish for tonight?” She asked.

“Okay then.” I sighed and got up.  “So what do you guys do around here for fun?” I asked pacing the room.

“Nothing, we chill down stairs, in the common room. We have internet and a craft room and everything.” She smiled at the last part of her sentence.

“You’re into art?” I can’t believe I was going to do this.

“I sure as hell am! Here, this is what got me into it in the first place.” She skipped across the room and went to her wardrobe, she pulled out a big sized box. She got onto her knees and slid the box on the floor. I went over to her, curious as to see what was in the actual box.

She looked at me and smiled. “You’ll know who drew it as soon as you see it.”

I nodded and encouraged her to open the damn thing. She did what she was meant to. Holy crap! It was ‘The Umbrella Academy’ series written by Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá. I put my hand out instantly to touch it, or even to take it away from her. But she pulled away.

“You’ve got to earn it.” She teased.

“What’s that meant to mean?” I asked shocked. I tried again. But she did the same. “Oh, it’s on Mary.” I winked. She got up and headed for the door.

“Come get it Joey!” She called. Oh shit, she was already half way down the corridor. I had to sprint just to get her back in sight. “Getting tired?” She called. She stopped in the middle of the corridor, I wasn’t going to waste my time and effort on her so I slowly slowed my sprint down into a slight jog and then into a casual walk.

“Nope, I can out run you any day.” I smirked at her. I could tell that she liked me teasing her. I was so going to do this more often. She looked at the book in her hand.

“You actually ran after me to read this thing?” She asked. Her laugh ringed in my ears.

“I did! You have to wait like four weeks, that’s practically a month, just to wait for one book to get here to the UK.” I nearly screamed. Did this girl not know that Gerard Way is a very creative man and his work is on demand constantly?

“That’s kind of sad.” She laughed again and then headed back towards her room.

“That’s just harsh.” I smiled and followed her. “So, do I get to read it?”

“Nope. Like I said, you’ve got to earn it.” She giggled and then disappeared again. God this girl is good. Does she know how good she is? She must do! For god’s sake, she’s perfect.

“How do I do that then Miss Tuck?” I asked, we reached the door for her room. She was just about to open it and go through, but I stepped in front of her. She had to look me in the eyes now. She went all red and her lips started to move as if she were speechless. I am that good. I bent my head down lower, just to make this more interesting. She locked her gaze onto my lips and jumped when I spoke. “Well…?”

“I-I, Y-you, you just have to find away.” She managed to say after a while. It was too much for her, she kissed me.

I’m joking, she didn’t kiss me. She moved her head closer to me, but I was in control of this. I moved away before she could come any closer to me. I swiftly opened the door and went over to my bed.