xiv.

Right now, I'm in the car with Cam and Chris heading off to go back home. Before we hit the road to go to my house, I speak up.

"Would it be alright if we went there? To see them?"

They already know who them is. Cameron nods and we make the turn. Then, after a few minutes, we're at a cemetery.

I get out quietly and I go to the place where I normally stand.

"Hey mom, hey dad," I say quietly. "I'm sorry for not coming as often. Stuff has been going through my life. You remember Grayson don't you? He's in jail for taking illegal substances. No one knew he did it until he hurt me and a few other people. I know you liked him for me; and you'd always say to give him a chance. But after playing with me I guess you can say, I don't know what to do."

I take a deep breath. You can see the oxygen out of my mouth that makes it look like I'm smoking. 

I continue to speak. "Cameron came back from Uni to visit me. Chris is back from his trip and is in college with Cam. I know you know this because you're looking down on us; watching every step we do, but I feel like I should still tell you. Sometimes I feel like starting over, moving to another place- but I don't know. Mom, dad, why'd you have to leave so quickly? Sometimes when I pray, I ask God why did you two have to be taken away four months ago? I know he has a reason, but as Cameron says: God has a plan."

"I don't know what to say anymore, in all honesty. But I miss you two so much, and I love you. I wish I knew what more to say, but my mind is all over the place." I stare at the graves that had my parents' name on it; along with the day they were born, and the day they died.

I turn around to see Cameron and Chris there. I go to them and I hug them tightly. We stay like that for a while. Their deaths hit me the hardest. Cameron and I were pretty close with our parents, but I was the closest with them. Cameron and Chris then decide to talk with them while I just stay quiet. Then, we decide to go home.

Actually, no we didn't. We decided then to head to a nearby diner where we just decided to hang out and eat. I take out my phone and I DM Bianca.

Are you okay?  I type. I send the message and I wait for an answer. Bianca knows about what happened with my parents since I confided in her. She's such an amazing friend and I'm so glad I can count on her.

I message one of my other internet friends, Leticia. 

Hey Lexie, I message.

Hey! It's been so long since we've talked! She replies.

I know! I've missed you soooooo much, I send.

I've missed you too, how's everything? She replies back.

It's pretty good, how have you been?  I type and send.

We both started talking again like the old times. She's part of the group,  but is hardly active since she has work and stuff. I continue to talk with her as we go home. She told me she had to tell me something, however, she had to do homework and is going to be back later. I decided to put my phone in the back of my pocket. I hear an instant snap and pain rushes through my right hand.

"Hey boys," I say as calm as possible. "I got to ask you something."

"What's up?" Chris asks and turns around.

"Uhm, is it possible to break your finger and wrist at the same time?" 

Chris looks at me with wide eyes.

"Oh my God we need a hospital!" Cameron yells and makes a quick turn.

It takes only fifteen minutes to get to the hospital. Cameron, Chris and I get off the car and we let the parking service park the car. The boys race me to the emergency room where Cameron gives the receptionist my information. Chris takes a seat with me in the lobby. A nurse comes and gives me an ice packed wrapped around a paper towel and gives it to me. I thank her and I put it on where the pain is at.