xi.

"Remind me to never listen to anything you want us to do," Cameron says chuckling.

"Hey it's not my fault we encounter into trouble all the time. It's like we're the perfect team," I reply. I nudge his side with my elbow and he squirms in his seat. 

If anything, yes my brother is ticklish. I put on my earbuds and I begin to listen to San Francisco by 5 Seconds of Summer while I'm waiting for our number to be called up. I have no idea why but in this local juvenile detention center, you got to pick out a number and sit around until it is called. It's like going to the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Our number gets plastered with a bunch of others in the big flat screen television. We go to the door where the security guard checks us with a metal detector. Once we are cleared, we go inside and we are seated by another guard. He asks for our ticket and Cameron gives it to him. The security guard then leaves.

A few minutes later, Grayson is escorted by a security guard to us. He has a sour look on his face. The guard uncuffs one of his hands, places the cuff on the side of the table and then leaves. 

Cameron whispers in my ear, "Call me if you need anything. I don't want you to be hurt again."

I hug him and he kisses my cheek. He leaves to the waiting room. It's quiet here for a few minutes until Grayson speaks up.

"What do you want?" He asks angrily.

"I just wanted to come here and see how you are doing," I say, looking down at my wrists.

"I'm being treated like an angry dog. Does that answer your question?"

"Sure."

It gets quiet for a few seconds until I decide to break the silence.

"Why?" I say, still looking down at my wrists.

"Why what?"

"Why'd you take the steroids in the first place?"

"It wasn't just steroids. It was also a bit of dilaudid. There was stuff that was going on in my life.." He trails off awkwardly.

"But you have a girlfriend, a family, popularity."

"She's not my girlfriend."

"But you t-"

Grayson cuts me off by a chuckle. "I know. But she's not my girlfriend. It's quite a long story."

"Interesting," I say. "What's going to happen now that you're here?"

"I don't know."

"Has anyone tried visiting you?"

He shakes his head.

"Not even Ethan?"

"He's at sports practice right now. He doesn't know I'm here. No one does, well, except for you, your brother and those who were in the nurse's office. Speaking of your brother, did he go to the waiting room?"

"He's probably still there or near the vending machine," I laugh a bit.

It goes quiet again.

"Why can't you look at me?" Grayson asks.

"I don't know," I mumble.

"Look at me, I want to see your eyes," He pleads.

I look up at him. For once, I stopped looking down for the time I've been here.

"That's better," He smiles a bit. "You look down a bit."

"What?" I ask. "But you just told me to loo-"

He cuts me off. "I mean your eyes. I can tell your emotions by them. Fear, anxiety, loneliness. You may be surrounded by a bunch of people, but you still feel alone."

"Why do you think that?"

"I've observed you for years. I know when you're happy and joyful, when you're broken and gloomy; and when you're furious."

"Interesting," I say.

"It is quite for me. You're an interesting person Ella."

"Me? Interesting? I doubt it."

"You are in my world."

"What would your girlfriend say if she saw you here," I ask, changing the subject.

"She just did," He whispers quietly. 

I don't think I was meant to hear that whatsoever. It might've been something my mind thought I heard.

"What?"

"Once again, she is not my girlfriend," He chuckles. "But I doubt she'd come and see me since she's too occupied in her little "popularity world." Besides, she'd freak out and probably say I'm gonna screw up our image if she were to come."

"What do you think would happen if I was bailed out?" He asks.

"Honestly Grayson, I don't know. But I hope you've learned your lesson."

"Oh, I definitely did in all honesty."

It gets quiet again.

"Is it alright.. if I can, you know. See your wrists?" He asks.

I put them both on the table and he looks at them as if he was a doctor looking at diagnostics. With the hand he has no handcuffs on, he runs his thumb softly against one of my wrists. I tense at his touch at first, and then I relax a bit.

"So beautiful, I'm so sorry," He says quietly. "I'm sorry, I hate myself for giving you the pain. I didn't mean it, I swear I didn't."

"You didn't mean it, I know."

"You don't know how much I wanna make it up to you."

He takes my other wrist and runs his thumb softly, as he did to the other one. He kisses both of them and holds it again against his lips.

"I love you so much," he says.

I stay speechless at what he just said. The door opens and Grayson lets go of my hand. he sits in a proper posture. In, enters Cameron. 

"Time's apparently up. Grayson, it's nice to see you again, even though we saw each other just now."

"It's nice to see you again Cameron. Thanks for bringing your sister here."

"It's no problem."

I get up from my seat and Cameron comes with me to go to the waiting room. I look back one last time and I see Grayson being brought back to his cell.

---

well y'all got some Graysella action, you're welcome! Thank you to livvylouwho529 for the suggestion! 

I've been obsessing over Hotline Bling and Unsteady these days. Follow me on twitter @/renegadeslwt if you wanna interact with me or something ahaha.

9 votes and 6 comments for the next chapter! :D