Chapter 15 - You Scream Like a Girl

Taylor's P.O.V.
I pulled my blazer on and slung my satchel over my shoulder. Grabbing my keys, I headed to the front door, quickly catching my reflection in the mirror as I left. Thankfully I'd been able to use concealer in order to hide the dark shadows under my eyes. I'd been up most of the night, unpacking boxes and sorting all my belongings out. But it wasn't because I chose to do it, that meant I was up till two in the morning. It was because I couldn't sleep. After my argument with Thomas last night, I felt rotten, and the last thing I wanted was to go to sleep. I had to keep myself busy in order to prevent myself thinking about what Thomas had said last night.

"Taylor, it sounds to me like Ben's cheating on you." Why would he say that? He didn't even know Ben, so there was no reason as to why he would just say that. I loved Ben with all my heart, and I knew he would never cheat on me. But despite me constantly reassuring myself that Thomas was wrong, and that Ben wasn't cheating on me, there was always a little niggle in the back of my mind. Ben had been spending a lot of time at the office.... Ben had accepted the job around Europe pretty quickly.... Ben- No, stop it Taylor. Ben wasn't cheating on you. Ben never would. Get over it. Shaking the thoughts from my mind, I hurried down the stairs and out into the crisp morning. A sharp wind howled as I walked along the streets of London. It whistled round the corners of buildings, and whispered nonsense in my ears. I pulled my hat further down my head to stop its whispering voice, and continued on my journey to work. I wondered if Thomas would be there already, or if he were out on assignment? Maybe with Dylan? Oh my god, Dylan! I had completely forgotten that he worked at the newspaper, and a sense of excitement built up inside me at the thought of seeing him again.

"Hey Beckie!" I greeted cheerfully as I approached the familiar girl at the reception desk. She looked up with a confused expression, but a sudden smile appeared on her face when she saw me.

"Taylor!" She jumped up off her chair and running round the side of the desk, attacked me with a hug.

"Oh my god, I've missed you!" She cried, "When George told me you were coming back, I was so excited!"

"Aw, I'm glad to see you too!" I grinned, "So wait, does everybody know I'm back?"

"Only me, George and the main board," She told me, reaching across the desk for something, "Well here's your badge! I'm guessing you know your way to the office, right?"

"Very funny!" I laughed, accepting my badge and clipping it to the front of my blazer, "Well I'll see you around, Beckie!"

"See ya, Taylor!" She waved at me, as I headed for the lift. A familiar 'ding' sounded as the lift approached my floor. Running a hand through my hair, I stepped out into the corridor and looked up at the office doors. Nothing's changed. As I entered the office and walked towards George's office, it was as if everything was in slow motion. Everything was the same. Sure, there were a few new faces here and there, but there were some people I recognised. It was clear that they recognised me too, because several people gave me a warm smile as I passed them.

"Hello?" I asked, knocking at the door and entering George's office quietly. I could hear someone flicking through papers, and peering round the corner, I found the one and only Dylan, looking through numerous files in George's cupboard. His back was to me, and it was obvious that he hadn't heard me come in. A cunning plan suddenly brewed in my mind, and without a second's hesitation, I jumped at Dylan, dropping both my hands on his shoulders and screaming.

"Ahhh!" He cried and whipped round, dropping the folder in his hands. It hit the floor with a thud, and papers flew all over the carpet.

"Oh my god, Taylor?" He gasped, looking at me with wide eyes. The terror vanished from them, and they instantly filled with joy.