Chapter 7 - Late

Taylor's P.O.V.
So it was settled. Kaya was moving into my apartment the day after I left for England. My flights were all booked and I'd organised for most of my luggage to be shipped over there a week before. I had decided not to tell Sydney or anyone else that I was coming home. After all, I couldn't wait to see the surprised look on their faces when I showed up at their door. And how big would Mia and Teddy be now? Mia had turned ten a few months ago, and Teddy was soon to turn seven! Wow! They're so grown up now! And Sydney would be turning 33 soon! I couldn't believe it! Well, to be honest I still couldn't believe that I was 26, but there you go! I guess my chances of ever going to Neverland are pretty slim now, so I don't have a choice but to grow up.

And ironically enough, I had a call from Ben two days ago, to say that his next trip was actually to London! A large grin had spread across my face when he told me that, and I thought what a great surprise it would be, if I went and surprised him during his stay. I couldn't wait to see him again. I know it's been only a month since I saw him last, and we'd had that argument, but I just couldn't wait to be in his arms again. The two years that I've been with Ben have pretty much been the best two years of my life. He really was the best boyfriend I could have ever asked for. Well, he's been the first proper boyfriend that I've ever had! And that reminded me; what about Thomas? Was he still living in the same apartment in London? Did he still work at the newspaper? And what about the baby? I wondered if he was still with Molly now, and what their baby was like? Would they be living together? Would the baby have my old room?

My head was full of questions as I packed up the last few bits and pieces of my luggage. Kaya had decided to come and spend my last night with me, seeing as she had offered to drop me off at the airport in the morning. At 2:00am might I add! My flight was at 6:00am, and I had to get there three hours ahead of time. That left us one hour to get to the airport, and it would take me about an hour to get ready. That meant we'd have to wake up at one in the morning... Am I the only one who sees a problem? Anyway, it's currently seven in the evening, and whilst Kaya was out getting Pizza takeaway, I was stuck in the living room, attempting to shut my suitcase.

"Will. You. Just. Shut?" I groaned, tugging with all my strength, at the zip. But still, it wouldn't budge. Sighing, I got up on my feet and sat down on the top of my case. Taking a firm hold of the small metal zip, I pulled. Suddenly, the zip gave way and it finally shut the case.

"Yes!" I cried, jumping up with my hands in the air, "Haha, suitcase! I beat you!"

"So I leave you for ten minutes, and you start talking to suitcases?" I whipped around, only to see Kaya, with a smirk plastered on her face, and two pizza boxes in her arms.

"Bloody hell, Kaya! You scared me!" I exclaimed, placing a hand over my heart.

"Sorry," She giggled, throwing her keys down on the coffee table, "Right, now who wants pizza?" We spent that night eating pizza and watching Disney films. By about eleven, we'd watched three films, and we were exhausted.

"We've got to be up in two hours," I said quietly, looking up at the dark ceiling. I was lying on the floor on my back, and Kaya had collapsed into her purple bean bag beside me.

"Yeah, we'll be fine," She yawned, "Don't worry."

At 2:00am...

I shot up from my sleep. My eyes were wide as I looked around the room in shock. I'd dreamt that I was late for my flight and got to the airport an hour late for the flight. Pinching the bridge of my nose as I slowed my breathing down, I reached across my make-shift bed and switched on my phone.

2:00am

Oh okay then, I can go back to sleep for a bit. Sighing, I laid my head down on my pillow and slowly shut my eyes. Wait a second.

"Kaya!" I yelled, making her jump.

"What?" She cried, probably expecting some kind of emergency. Well, I guess it was to be honest.

"It's two o'clock! We've meant to have left by now!" I exclaimed, grabbing the small pile of clothes I had left on the table.

"Bloody hell!" She jumped up from her bean bag. We raced around the house, with me having the quickest shower of my life. I was honestly in there for about three minutes! The pair of us got dressed and hurriedly packed my bags into the car.

"Okay drive!" I cried as we piled ourselves into the front seats. Kaya stepped on it, and we rushed off at full speed.

An hour later...

Well, that was the most stressful drive of my life. We hit traffic just before we got to the airport and I was practically screaming at the cars in front to move out of our way. But we finally arrived. I jumped out of the car before Kaya had even pulled up in the car park, and ran to the boot. With my suitcase in one hand, and my large weekend bag over my shoulder, we ran for the entrance to the airport.

"Oh thank god," I sighed with relief, "The queue to check in isn't long at all!"

"Oh well that means then that we can stop running!" Kaya laughed, putting her hands on her knees, "Remind me never to go to bed two hours before I'm meant to get up, ever again!" I just laughed and set my bag down on the floor.

"Well then, I guess this is it." I smiled down at the floor, before looking back up at Kaya. There were tears in her eyes.

"I'm gonna miss you, Tay," She wrapped her arms around me before she could burst with tears.

"Oh, I'm gonna miss you more," I mumbled into her shoulder. And I really was. Kaya had been my best friend pretty much from the beginning, since I'd moved to New York. She'd been there for me; made me laugh, made me cry, made me happy. We'd been through so much together, despite only have known each other for three years. I could feel a lump build in my throat, and tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

"Well, you better get your flight," She sniffled, pulling away and rubbing her nose with her sleeve.

"Yeah," I nodded slowly, hauling my bag onto my shoulder once again, "You'll come and see me won't you?" Kaya laughed.

"Of course I will! Can't keep me away from all those handsome British gentlemen!"

"Same old Kaya," I giggled, "Well, goodbye!" I turned away and waved to her as I headed for the check-in desks. She stood there smiling, and waved back to me. She was still then when I'd been through check-in. With one final wave, I smiled and turned towards security. This was it.

On the plane...

I couldn't help but feel a little sad as I sat down on the plane. The last time I'd been on a plane, was in fact when I came to New York from England. Sad memories floated in my head as I took out my iPod and stared distantly out of the window. Goodbye New York. I'm coming home.