2| Misunderstandings

Start from the beginning

Complaining didn't get me nowhere, and it only stirred their hysterics more until they made it to the doors of the host club. Still trying to get out of their reach, I gasped as the doors creaked open, and just like yesterday, we were greeted with the warm light, rose petals, and a chorus of voices.

"Oh look, it's Ai-chan and Hinako-chan!" Hani hollered, signaling everyone's attention to the front doors.

I silently groaned as Hinako and her friends continued to pull me along as I tried desperately to run away.

"Honey-senpai, hi!" She greeted, her voice bubbly and innocent. "We're going to borrow a sofa and table if that's ok."

"Of course, but what for?" Tamaki asked, his arm leaning over a sofa, his gaze questionable.

This room was just as it was yesterday; every active member in the club flaunting their beauty to other girls, making them feel special to each one. False love like such, I couldn't even stand saying I was in the same grade and class as two of the members.

"We want to spend time with Aiko-kun!" All three of the friends shouted at once, killing my ears.

Tamaki's eyes widened. Him, the twins, and Hani all came to the front of the room where we were. I already hated this and nothing had happened yet.

"We want to learn everything about Aiko-sama!"

"S-sama!?" I stammered.

"Aiko-kun needs friends!"

"How many times do I have to tell you?! I don't need friends!" I protested, finally freeing my wrist from her grasp and backing up a reasonable distance from the girls. "I already explained that I only came here because I thought it would be a club I was interested in, well I wasn't. I don't find the idea of distributing fake romance to naive girls anything to joke about or to be involved with! It makes me sick just watching them all fall for the same routine they show other women, it's messed up! If you really love someone then you devote all your passion and love to that one person, you don't expand it to anyone else! Love like this shouldn't even exist!"

I could feel it, extorting all my emotions into that outburst was stirring the transformation. Without a second thought, I raced out the doors, ignoring all the pleas to come back, ignoring all the hellos from people in the hallways, ignoring everything except that consistent law that flowed within me. I could never have a relationship, I could never fit normally into society, I could never say those three little words... I could never defy God's Will.

I managed to make it outside, but at this point I could no longer run. My legs gave out and my knees buckled, falling to a kneel. Hands quivering, I grasped my stomach in pain, gasping for air as I finally stopped running. Heavy breaths escaped by lips, and tears fell from my eyes at the pain I felt in my stomach. That's when I realized what I said in there and who I spoke out against.

The very thought of being driven out from my home after speaking badly against the wealthy made me shake even more, I was such an idiot! "Dammit! Ah, why the hell did I go and do that?... Just seeing them happy... Damn!"

I couldn't even speak after being out of breath, it was pathetic; I could usually run longer, but I knew that if I tried to push myself here, I would only make my life and theirs worse. With no other choice but to relax, I sat up against the gates outside the school, taking a deep breath and calming down. The right thing would be to apologize to those boys, but I knew what I said was true, but I felt too embarrassed to even want to go to class tomorrow just to get those demeaning looks from Tamaki and Kyouya, speaking out against the club they were in.