CHAPTER 8

Carter

I turned to him and frowned. His bright hazel green eyes were wide with confusion and curiosity as he stared somewhere to the right. I followed his line of sight and my wolf growled at me finally I piece it together, I'm such an idiot. I pull my hand out of his grip and wall over to the photo of Lee-Ann and face it down and I do that to the rest of them. He must be crush right now, great Goddess , I am so bloody stupid. He must think I'm an asshole.

I turn back to him with sweaty palms.

"I really should have thought this through. "I mumble softly and he turns to me with glossy eyes.

"Is that...your mate?" He swallows harshly.

"She was... "I sah softly, this wasn't a conversation I wanted to ever have with him really, but I found myself owing him an explanation." Her name is Lee-Ann." He nods slowly, blinking his eyes

"I know. "He whispers and my brows furrow with confusion.

"Who told you?" He went silent.

"Nobody had to. "He walked over to the photo and he took it into his hands, studying her closely." I know her... Very well. "He admits and the fact that he spoke of her in the present creeps me out.

"I don't understand, what do you mean you know her?" He looks hesitant as though he was not sure how to tell me or if he should tell me for that matter. I hold onto his biceps and make him face me, he lets his head bow as he stares at the ground and I reach over with my forefinger and tilt his head up. "Ok, how about you go take a shower, alright? Then we talk about this, understand?" He nods before dashing into the open bathroom, closing it softly behind him and I sigh.

I look at the photo of her posing in front of the pack house, smiling widely with her hands on her hips and me beside her making a funny face as Andrew took the picture. All I can think as I look at her porcelain skin and long blonde hair and her bright blue is what else had she kept from me through out our mating?

My thoughts stray to her best friend here in my pack, the one she spent most of her time with and the person she told everything to, Alison. I sit down on my bed and wonder what she could know, what she had been told while being friends with my Lee-Ann, what secrets she kept from me, because if there is one thing I know, the girl loved secrets.

"Why won't you tell me? "A soft and low sigh escaped me and I ran a hand through my hair as she walked ahead of me, her ass swinging side to side and I growled, she giggled at me, she sure loved to giggle.

"Carter, has anyone ever told you how nosey you are?" She dodged a low branch, hiking her leg up to walk over a fallen one. "Just be patient." I hatted being surprised, it never ended well, why couldn't people just well, I don't know, twll you what they have in store and if you don't like ot, cancel it then and there to avoid unpleasantness, but then again, rejecting what they wanted would bring up unpleasantness, Goddess, this is exhausting, I thought to myself.

"I'm not nosey, if I was I'd want to know what's going om between Daniel and his twin brother. "She giggled.

"That is pretty obvious, you know. It's rare but just one look and you can tell they are mates." I stopped to look at her.

"I don't even want to know how you know that. "I mumbled and continued behind her just as we came up to a clearing a little to far away from the pack territory." This is dangerous, Lee, rogues could be lurking around here, waiting to attack. "I looked to her and she had a small smile on her face as she closed her eyes, absorbing the vitamin D from the sun. It was a beautiful place, serene and quiet.