Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

I sighed rubbing my arms, I just want Jacob to leave me through hell alone, i'm moving on and he's moved on whilst dragging his new baby mama along

My phone rung and Instinctively I answered it

"Hello?"

"Hello love, I'm just calling to check up on you.."

I smiled "Hey Jason.. I didn't expect for you to call me so soon.."

"Yeah, I just wanted to see how you were doing since I had a minute to talk.."

"I'm fine, I'm just with Kenzie right now is all.."

"Girl time?" I could hear the humor in his voice

"Yes girl time, twlight and all that Jason.."

Jason chuckled "Glad I'm missing that.."

"You'd watch it if I asked.."

"I would, but there isn't a guarantee I'd like it.."

"It's romantic though.." I said

"No, It's so sappy.."

I laughed "Whatever, you're just boring Jason.."

Jason chuckled "Uh-huh you talking bad over the phone love? We'll see about this when I get back.."

I laughed again "No, i'm not I'm just stating facts.."

"Or opinions.." Jason replied, "Because these 'facts' of yours are very invalid.."

"Mhmm.. how's Brooklyn?" I asked

"He's fine, he's just playing in the ball pit with some friends right now.."

I smiled "I'm glad y'all are having fun out there.."

"Me too, i'm tired but when I get back I have to train some more and make sure my business is stable.."

"So I won't see you at all for a couple of days?"

"Love, I'll make time for you, you're a priority to me, you probably won't see me tomorrow but I'll make time.."

I smiled "Okay Jason.."

"I gotta go now but I'll see you soon okay?"

"Okay, bye have fun.."

"Bye love.."

I hung up the phone and I slid it back in my pocket

I sighed, noticing the shower was running Kenzie must've tip-toed off in the shower

I got up and I went through her fridge humming, I poured me a glass of almond milk, sipping on that I sat back on the sofa waiting for Kenzie

Once she came out she still had her hair in a ponytail and she grabbed her keys

"Come on I'm hungry, let's go get something to eat.." I nodded

"I'll car trail behind you.."

"You got your car back?" Kenzie asked turning on her alarm system and we left her condominium

"Yes, the jaguar since Jason and I patched things up he gave me all the gifts back and the car he bought me for my birthday.."

Kenzie nodded "Lucky, but I love my little jeep so it's all good, speaking of birthdays what are you doing for Jason's birthday? I know Fiona mentioned it's in a week or so.."

"I don't know.." I admitted "He's not big on parties, so maybe just a little gathering with his mother, father, brother, sisters, Fiona, Michael, Ethan and you.."