Chapter 7- Disastrous Detention with... WHAT?

Detention with Snape wasn't your biggest problem.

Okay... It was.

DETENTION WITH SNAPE!

That man was capable of all sorts of things! Like, he could poison you, he could make you clean the toilets, he could- he could- he could make you tutor Pucey!

You slump your way back to the common room. You ignore Fred who scoffs off to another corner. George gives you am apologetic smile and follows his twin.

"WOO-HOO!"

You spin around to see a large crowd at the notice board. You made your way to the board, with a bored look.

What worse can happen, right?

You squeeze through the students and look up.

Detention with Snape wasn't your biggest problem after all.

Missing Hogsmeade trip for detention was your biggest problem.

-x-x-(time travel )-x-x-

You made your way to the potions master's office.

You knocked twice.

No answer.

You knocked again.

No answer.

Was he dead? This thought made you hope a little too much.

Then you decide to bang the door. You prepared yourself to bang the door.

The door opened and you hit Dumbledore's head.

"P-prof-essor! I-I am s-sorry! I did n-not-"

"Ms. Black! It is alright. I was talking to Severus there-" he says pointing at your Potions master who was wearing an annoyed expression. "If I am not mistaken, you have detention. And Severus has a potion to brew for Professor Lupin. So you will be serving detention with me."

WHAT?!?!

"Yes, Ms. Black. You will be serving your detention with me." Dumbledore says, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

You've got to be kidding me!

"I assure you this is not a joke. Although if you are in the mood... I have recently heard one in which a wizard and goblin had entered-" but he was cut off by Snape clearing his throat.

"I suggest you come with me Ms. Black."

You nod. Not thinking any suggestion or comment. You did NOT want to think out loud again.

You and Dumbledore walk to his office. Quietly.

Dumbledore stands in front of the statue and says his password "Bertie Botts!"

You didn't need thinking twice, you followed him into the headmaster's office.

You had been here before... Why? Lets say you and the twins had gotten a little carried away with a prank... but that was a story for another time. Right now, you were in detention with Dumbledore.

"Ms. Black, why don't you start by sitting down?"

"Okay, sir." You reply in a timid voice.

"Today, my dear, you will be phoenix-sitting my lovely Fawkes." Cue the bird flying to Dumbledore's arm.

Fawkes was beautiful in all ways possible. Its red feathers, its elegance, its grace.

"Do you think you can handle him when I'm gone for the night?" The headmaster asks snapping you out of your thoughts. His twinkling eyes peeking behind the half shut door.

"Yeah."

One bird. How hard can it be?

Little did you know what was going to happen. You were not the best at the art of divination.

-x-x-(time travel )-x-x-

"Get back here you, mangy bird!" you yelled at your headmaster's pet.

Fawkes had been behaving like a three-year-old-brat. At first sight, you'd think that he is very disciplined, but that was a delusion. After Dumbledore had left, Fawkes started eating Dumbledore's candy (Not that you didn't), started flying from one side to another- let's say he had gone on fiasco mode. Or that might be an understatement.

Now, its been 42.3 minutes since Dumbledore has left.

You run after the bird. Fawkes has trashed the office- oh wait! He still is in the process of trashing the office. The office is ruined. Now you wish you had never punched Pucey... wow, that's deep...

You hear the door knob click. Oh no! It's too early.

You dive behind Dumbledore's desk and hold your breath.

"Professor Dumb- Oh my!" You hear the familiar voice of Mcgonagall.

You close your eyes tight hoping she will go away. Instead, you hear Mcgonagall swish her wand.

The place is clean in no time. Books flew back to their respective shelves, feathers and droppings found the dustbin and the once broken glass chandelier was back to normal.

You could hear Mcgonagall mumble to herself. "Where are those bloody documents??"

You snicker as you hear her swear, remembering when she told Fred off for swearing. You stop snickering. The thought was too painful as it involved Fred.

Mcgonagall makes her way to the desk and you know that in no time she would have you caught.

"What are you doing here Ms. Black?" Mcgonagall asks with a surprised look.

"Detention." You say with a sigh. Mcgonagall looked dumbstruck. It's not everyday a student spends detention in Dumbledore's office but you still can't help facing away to snicker lightly.

"Good evening, Minerva." A voice came from behind Mcgonagall.

You stop snickering. You could recognize that voice anywhere. Why, oh why, did I punch Pucey?