I did as I promised. I blinded them. I made him invisible to them. I followed his mind until he stopped near the river and found Bonnie. I was only able to blind them because of the amount of energy I have gained from this change so far. I am far stronger than any angel, even Elijah.

 The wolf turned around and before his very eyes, she changed. She transformed into her true form. Into the angel I saw in her mind:

A beautiful woman with bright sparkling blue eyes. 

Her almost white hair was long and flowing. She was younger than I thought; probably nineteen or twenty. The white clothes she wore were covering the important parts. She was just smaller than Jay but he was pretty tall. Bonnie opened her arms with a loving smile. It was a smile I'd seen on Gabriel's face whenever he looked at me. 

Did she...?

Jay was still shocked at the transformation. I could feel it. Hell, I've seen a lot of things in my existence and I'm shocked. Even in this amount of pain.

He cautiously stepped forward into her arms. Her forehead was to his nose. She tiptoed and wrapped her arms around his neck. He stood stiff for a moment but then he rested his hands on her back. Soon enough he relaxed into it, rested his head against hers and closed his eyes.

She loved him. 

It was clearly there. And I could feel how safe Jay felt with her.

I opened my eyes as a warm and different feeling spread through me. She was his guardian... She wasn't supposed to fall in love with him. But I wasn't one to judge. The memory of when Gabriel and I admitted our love for each other for the first time flooded my mind...

*1789*

I stormed out of the ball room and lifted the skirt of my dress to run up the staircase. God, I hated this.

I hated them. 

Brooke ran after me. Her ball gown being a beautiful deep purple and her red hair flowing down her back. "Lonny,"

"I hate being here. Why was I forced into this? Those men are... Vile."

"I know my dear." She grabbed my hand and led me down the hall. "Do not pay attention to them."

"Don't be absurd. That is beyond impossible when they are up my tail every few seconds." We walked into my room and shut the doors. "Especially when..." My mind wandered to the one man I wanted here. But I pushed it out.

"Is something wrong?" Brooke asked.

I shook my head as I opened the door to the balcony. "No. I'd appreciate it if I were alone."

"I know how you feel about---"

"Please go!" I interrupted.

I heard her giggle before the double doors slammed shut. I leant over the balcony and pulled my hair out of the very neat bun. 

Gabriel said he'd be here... He told me to meet him in the middle of the floor... An hour I'd waited. And I felt absolutely humiliated. A few men had tried to get me to dance with them but I refused. I hated formal balls. 

I have spent the last two hundred years with Gabriel. Yes, he had hated me but after years and years of charm and wit, he'd finally shown me that smile.

That's when I started to fall for him and by God has that feeling gotten stronger. I didn't want to admit it. For one, the Elders forbid it when he was bound to me. 

I moved back into my room and untied my dress. The clothes I wore back in the Angelic world before I got here were in the dresser. I let the dress slide off my shoulders and shrugged on the white half top and white long skirt.

A familiar feeling passed through me. I turned around and there he was. He wasn't dressed in the attire to go to a ball. He was in a grey shirt and baggy pants. Every time I looked at him my heart beat so hard. I loved him so much... I've never been in love but I knew the feeling. I haven't felt this way about anyone...

He rubbed the stubble on his jaw as he walked into my room with a smile of apology. "I apologize for my---"

"Forget about it. I'm going to see Joseph. I've had enough here." I walked back out onto the balcony.

"I just saw him actually. He's with Elizabeth and Genevieve." Gabriel followed me out. I watched the stars above and wished I wasn't here right now.

"Lonny--"

"Don't apologize." I mumbled. 

He sighed and rested his arms on the balcony. "If I did not know any better, I would think you were mad at me."

I glared at him. "You told me to wait in the middle of the dance floor at 30 minutes after 9. I was there for an hour Gabriel, where were you?"

He frowned at me and put his hand on top of mine. The shocks that passed up and down my hand were impossible to ignore. "I'm sorry."

I pulled my hand out of his and watched the sky above.

But then his rough hand grabbed my chin and turned me to face him. "What's bothering you?" His voice was soft and husky.

"Nothing," I replied as I stared into his mesmerizing eyes. 

"I have known you for a very long time and I know if something is wrong with you." A small smile lit up his perfect lips.

Maybe I should just say it to him.