LaFever Academy

I wondered if I was making the right decision. To be running away from everything I had before and starting all over again. I mean, a new school, new home, new everything. I was trying to figure out whether or not I was running away or if I was just starting over... I didn't know. I was just so indecisive about it and it was bothering me. Usually, decisions came to me in a snap but this one... this one was different. Too different, I thought to myself.

I watched as the students passed by as my Auntie finally found a parking space in the parking lot of my new school. This school... This school was a chance to prove to my mom that I was an acceptable child and that I was perfect in every way. She threw me out of the house a year ago because I lashed out on my stepfather for calling him out on his gambling and drinking and the fact that he was taking money from my mother. My mom, who thought my stepfather was amazing in every single way, threw me out. She hated the fact that I hated my stepfather. Ever since she married him, he turned her into my enemy and when she couldn't stand me anymore, she threw me out. Her only child. Her loving daughter that has cared about her and took care of her since my father died.

When Auntie finally parked, she stopped the car and looked at me with a  smile on her face.

"Well, Blue..."

"Don't even start Auntie. I don't need a lecture about school and the fact that I'm a new student," I warned her and she pouted. She was much of a child than me and I was childish. That was to other people's standards. I thought I was mature and well behaved - sometimes. Heh.

"Just hope you have a good day and make sure not to mess with the cool kids okay?" she asked me like I was going to get beat up today and find to see me bruised from head to toe when I got home.

"Auntie, you know I don't start fights," I reminded her.

She looked at me and smiled an even bigger smile and brighter one too.

"I love you, you know that right?" she asked me.

I gave her a kiss on the cheeks then got out of the car and slammed the door shut. I watched as she backed up and drove away while I waved goodbye to her. I looked up at the clear blue sky filled with fluffy white clouds and told myself it was going to be a good day.

I hoped it was going to be a good day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Everyone in their seats! The bell has already rung!" Mrs. Smith yelled out to the class as she walked into the classroom followed by me. I watched as all the kids in the class rushed to their seats and hid all their phones out of sight from the teacher. I knew she didn't see me because when she looked at me and took off her glasses, she let out a huge sigh like I was being a class clown.

"You there!" she boomed as she looked at me.

I looked behind me to find no one then pointed to myself. She nodded her head and I walked over to her.

"Why aren't you in your seat?" she asked me angrily. Damn, did she have an attitude.

I stood up straight and with "elegance" and "grace" (my ass), I said, "My name's Blue Mae Lee. Its my first day here."

"Oh, so you're the honor roll student are ya?" she asked me inspecting me from head to toe.

"Yes."

"Well, then I guess I can be lenient. Class, listen up," she announced. She looked at me then at them. "This girl here is Blue Mae Lee. She is the honor roll transfer student from Rhinehart High School."

"Whoa. You serious?" a student spoke out. I could here faint giggles in the air.

"Yes I am serious. Now Miss Lee. Take a seat in the very back seat next to the windows and will have you all ready and set up later after we take attendance and start class. Alright?" she asked me and I nodded.

I walked over to the very back seat next to the windows and carefully placed my backpack down next to my table. I guess I was the only student without her own personalized laptop because everyone else had one. Man were these people rich. I wondered how Auntie could afford enrolling me into this school. I mean there were four main buildings surrounding one huge area in the middle with a cafeteria and a mini garden for students. The library was located in the southern building along with the administrative office and auditorium. The math, science, and history classes were in the building located at the western end and the creative arts and technical arts classes were in the building located in the eastern end. The gymnasium and fields were in the northern end along with the sports fields except the football field which was in the southern end. The whole school took up a block.

"Mrs. Smith! That's Michael's seat. Are you sure you want to put her there?" one of the students asked.

She looked at me than at the student then back at me again.

"You know the rule kids. Ladies first," she answered sarcastically and went back to attendance.

Blue Mae Lee. Peter Lewis. Carolyn Matthews. Analicia Nunez. Chanelle Perez de Leon. Noelle Perez de Leon. Michael Stone.

I waited to hear a "here"  but instead I hear a guy say, "Why the hell is a girl in my seat?"

Oh god. I think I just started a fight.