Part IV

"Gerard," Frank shook Gerard's arm gently "Gerard wake up."

Gerard blinked his eyes, once, twice, and yawned sleepily. He pushed himself out of the couch crease and looked at Frank, who's hair was sticking in every direction.

"What time is it?" Gerard asked groggily.

"I don't know, like 9:00 or something."

Gerard sighed heavily and plopped back into his comfortable position.

"Too early..."

Frank stood up and stretched. "Well I'm gonna go grab some breakfast then. C'ya."

At this Gerard perked up. "Wait up! I'm getting sort of hungry." He said scratching his neck and grinning to the ground.

~

"Hi my name is Chealsea and I'll be taking your order today, what would you like?" The waitress asked with a bounce in her voice. The waitress was over-worked and over-enthusiastic, but she had to get money some way.

"What do you want Frank?"

"I'll have a chicken and cheese biscuit with a water to drink."

Gerard fake gagged and Frank shot him a look.

"How about you sir?" Chealsea asked nodding towards Gerard and he could've sworn he saw her wink.

"Pancakes I guess."

"Would you like something to drink with that?"

"Milk."

Gerard thought about the wink she sent him. Maybe it wasn't a wink, maybe her eye twitched or she had a tic. Besides, as far as he knew he didn't like girls. Atleast he never has liked one in his life.

"Who the hell gets chicken for breakfast?" Gerard said in a mock-disgusted voice.

"Don't knock it til you try it." Frank said with a slight smirk appearing at the corners of his mouth.

"Here's your order!"

Okay, this time she did wink at Gerard. And it was obvious.

As she slid the food onto the table, Gerard noticed her write something quickly onto a piece of paper and slide it near him.

He looked at her and raised his eyebrows and pushed the paper away, hoping she'd get the message. She was oblivious however and winked one more time before she walked away.

Gerard looked at Frank and locked eyes.

"It's not even 10:00 yet and you're already getting some."

Gerard laughed. Should he tell Frank that he's not interested in her? She was pretty, but he just wasn't attracted to her.

"I probably won't call her anyways."

"Why? Do you have a girlfriend already or something?" Frank asked, curious.

"No, I've never had a girlfriend." Frank looked at him with wide eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that? It's true."

"I don't know, I'm just... suprised." Frank said while letting his gaze drift off of Gerard's eyes slowly.

"Yeah right. Let's eat." Gerard said, and took a bite of his pancakes.

~

"Frank, let me pay." Gerard said and pulled out a ten dollar bill.

"Thanks. I didn't really bring any money."

Gerard and Frank walked out of the small breakfast place and onto the cracked sidewalk.

The sun was behind the clouds and it was overall a chilly day.