Chapter 22

===========================
Jessica's POV:

These last couple of weeks have been boring and rather depressing. Every time I go out to the barn to sneak Blue a carrot, I can't help but think of Justin. I thought this was going to be the best summer ever, but it is turning out to be the worst.

I was hospitalized, I thought my horse died, my best friend left me, and now there is a hot barn man... That I've recently found out was dating someone. Go figure! The girl Milo's dating is really pretty, so I could see why. She came to see how he was doing one day.

"Hi, my name is Johnny, and I was wondering if Milo was around here?" A tall, brunette asked. I was just sitting inside the barn on a stack of hay. Right from the get go I knew this 'Johnny' girl was Milo's girl. By the way she said his name, you would have guessed she was wearing a ring.

"Oh, hi! Yeah, he's right around back. He should be finishing up pretty quick. My dad put him on feeding duty," I hopped down.

"You must be Jessica! Milo has told me all about you. I just wanted to thank you for making him feel welcome here. He really does love this job." I smiled, but I felt like someone kicked me in my stomach. Definitely a girlfriend.

We chatted for a little bit, then I showed her around the side of the barn where Milo was.

"Thank you, Jessica," Johnny said smiling and jogged over to Milo. My suspicions were confirmed when they shared a kiss. Gross.

I wandered back into the barn and stay waiting for dinner.

That was four days ago, and I have still managed to avoid Mr. Flirt. He totally had me fooled. I hate it when guys pull you in, then let you drop. Hard.

"Jess, you know you can't stay up here all day long. Why don't you go see Blue?" Gran walked into my room and hung some fresh pressed shirts in my closet. I sighed, closed my book I was 'reading', and slid off my window seat. ----------------------------------------------
The crunch of gravel under my feet was enough to wake a small army. It didn't really help that I was pouting. I'm so bored! These are the times I miss Justin the most.

I finally reach the barn, and swing open the doors. I inhale the deep smell of fresh hay, and old leather. If I could live in here, I totally would. My mood changes, and I find myself skipping over to Blue.

"Hey, Buddy. Want to go for a little ride? What d'ya say, just you in me, huh?" I ask him petting his forehead.

I'm just getting into the saddle when Ol' Flirt-muh-Blurt shows up. Fantastic! I roll my eyes as he begins to walk over to me.

"Hey, Jess. Mind if I go for a ride with you?" He smiles his flashy Hollywood smile. I almost give in.

"Actually, I would mind. It's just me and Blue today, thanks," I say trying to maneuver Blue around him.

"Now hold on a second," his smile changing to a slight frown. He grabs Blues lower reins, stopping him. "Why are you moody all of a sudden? I thought we were friends." Milo gestures a fake stab to his heart. 

"Okay, I'm going to be very frank when I say this; I actually kind of liked you. Ya'know, I've been in High School before, so I definitely know what flirting is. You, my 'friend', were flirting with me. Then, it turns out you have a girlfriend, and boom, just like that, I can't really bare to look at you right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not jealous or anything, just a little annoyed that you would even pretend that you weren't taken. Now, if you would please, let go of my horse." He lets go of Blue and looks at the ground, dumbfounded. I kick Blue into a trot before he could say anything. What a... What a... A big bag of horse snot. Even though, he is a cute bag of horse snot. I direction Blue to the wash. Maybe we can find those horses again.

----------------------------------------------
I lay in the tall grass and wild flowers while Blue is munching away at the weeds. This beats! I have nothing to do, and I look like a loser with just her horse. What was the last thing Justin said to me? He'll come back when I ride a wild horse? That sounds more exciting then sitting here painting pictures in my head.

"Come on, Blue. Let's go home." I swing my leg over the saddle and take off back towards the house.

After putting Blue and the tack away, I find myself walking over to the Black Beauty. He looks up, and begins to run around in circles, bucking. There's your wild horse, Jessica.
----------------------------------------------
A/N:
Hiya, guys! I have been M.I.A for the last few months, but I think I'm back for a little while longer. Sorry, this chapter is BAD. I've had a readers block, but I thought that you guys finally deserve an update... 'Til next time,
-Jill and Blue 🐴