Chapter 3: The New Girl

"Oh are you ok?" He said in a low voice. 
"I'm fine, who are you?!" You raised your voice and sat back up and hissed out in pain again from your quick movements.
"I don't think you fine lay back down, and I'm Neji" he said so smoothly and relaxingly. You laid down in slight discomfort and spoke "how did I get here?" Still looking slighted annoyed that he wasn't answering you questions quick enough. "I was coming back from a mission and saw you had collapsed from so much blood loss, so I brought you to the hospital," Neji spoke low. "Thank you, I'm (y/n) by the way," he smiled at you. Shizune opened the curtain and had a tray of food in her hand. She gave it to you and said "hope you feel better soon," as she was leaving in a hurry. You turned back to Neji still smiling at you. "Yes?" You said sitting up confused. "Oh sorry, just day dreaming," he said looking away from you trying to act cool. You giggled under you breath and began eating, the woman with the blonde hair before came in, "once you have eaten you are able to leave the hospital and go home," you looked down at your food. As she left with a smile on her face clearly not noticing you were upset, Neji looked at you in worry. "What's wrong, Lady Tsunade just said you could leave? Is that not good news?" He said not taking his eyes off of you. You looked at him noticing his eyes, a light baby blue filled your thought as you whispered "I don't have a home to go back to," looking back at your food as you spoke. I wouldn't mind staying here you thought to yourself as Neji spoke up in a confident voice " I could ask Tsunade if you could stay here in the village if you'd like?" Neji spoke low, making it hard to read him. You eyes widened and started to smile "really do you think she'll let me stay?" You say full of excitement. Neji stood up smiling at you and opened the curtain and looked over his shoulder at you and left.

You couldn't contain yourself you were so happy. I shouldn't get my hopes up you thought but they somehow drifted toward Neji. Why would he do something like this for someone he'd never met before? As you saw the curtain open it was him and Tsunade. She asked Neji to leave you two alone so she could ask me a few questions. As he left again, she looked at you seriously. "So you want to stay here? Well that's OK as long as wherever you came from was told to the Kage and you had his consent. So where are you from?" You looked at her and just said "the sand village, and I did ask Gaara if I could leave he said it was OK as long as I told him where I was and how I was doing," she looked at you and smiled sympathetically and sighed, well I guess I better see if I can find you a place you can call home."  As you was screaming on the inside with joy Neji came in and looked at you. It is so hard to read him, what is he thinking right now? What are those eyes? You were so lost in his intriguing eyes, that when he spoke it made you jump, "I heard you are going to be staying here a little longer  than you thought?" As a smile grew on his face because he noticed you were staring at him. You blush and look away knowing he noticed and just whispered "oh uh yeah and thanks for doing this for me." Raising you head to meet his gaze "Why are you doing this for me?" He just looked at you and smiled "come get dressed and let's get out of his place," he left for you to get dressed, as you put on your now clean black turtle neck and leggings on, you leave the hospital with Neji pulling you with his hand on your wrist.

As he dragged you out of the hospital he showed you around the town for a bit and then it was about lunch time when a girl with pink hair asked for you and Neji to go see Lady Tsunade, when you got to the foot of the building and you looked up shell shocked. This is the hokage building! She's hokage?! You thought in shock as Neji looked at you in confusion. "Are you gonna stand there all day?" You both chuckled and walked inside as Neji knocked on the door you heard Tsunade shout "COME IN" as you walked in you saw a girl and she smiled at you. "So your the new girl everyone is talking about. Hi I'm Ten Ten nice to meet you!" She said with a cute smile on her face you smiled back and said "I'm (y/n)," as you both turned back to Lady Tsunade she looked at you then TenTen the back to you. " I'm sorry (y/n) but there are no more houses for you to stay in," Neji looks at you upset for you and you look at you feet, but she continued "don't look so sad, I managed to find you somewhere you could stay until we could find you your own place, you will be staying with TenTen!" Your eyes widened with shock and you looked at TenTen, you were pleased because she seemed really nice but you just meet her. But you wasn't going to complain. "Thank you For everything Lady Tsunade!" And you all left. TenTen spoke up "well do you all want to get some lunch with me? I was thinking Ichiraku Ramen?" Neji nodded and looked at you straight into your eyes, it looked like he was looking straight through the you and trying to read you, "do you like ramen (y/n)?" You looked up at him and blushed to see him so close "um... Oh right um yeah" you all walked to Ichiraku.

Once you arrived with them you all ordered something and sat down, then you noticed a blonde boy sitting next to you with a small, flat, green frog next to him and a million empty bowls on the other side of him. TenTen and Neji said hi to the boy and Neji introduced me "(y/n) this is Naruto, Naruto this is (y/n)" Neji smiled while looking at you. "Is this the new girl everyone is talking about?" Naruto said to TenTen and Neji, "looks like you the gossip of the village (y/n) haha" TenTen said while everyone laughed.