"That's right. We confirmed him today so you get time off this time, Rach." Alex patted my back.

"Okay fine whatever. I guess you guys don't love me after all" I pretended to be annoyed and slouched back into my seat, crossing my arms and looking away from everyone.

My friends laughed a bit before I heard Rian let out a huge yawn.

"I'm exhausted, I'm gonna head home now" he got up from his seat and stretched his arms over his head, "thanks for dinner Rachel. I'll see you tomorrow Alex?"

"Yeah man, see ya."

Cassadee stood up as well "Hey you think you can give me a ride to the hotel me and the band are staying at?" she said asking Rian.

"No problem babe," they both walked over to the door, me following, and I heard him whisper to her, "or you can stay the night at my house."

I softly laughed to myself, they were so cute together. They reminded me of Alex and I a lot.

"Bye, you two" I waved to them as they left the house.

I'm pretty sure I said it loud enough for them to hear less than 10 feet away from me but I saw them giggling to each other like 2 newlyweds. Again, they're so cute.

I walked back into the kitchen and put the dishes into the dishwasher, I had a long day in the studio so I let that take care of washing the dishes for me.

Alex had gone out into our backyard with the dogs, playing fetch with both of them.

All of a sudden I got an ache in my foot — something that comes along here and there from a childhood injury that had broken my foot — so I sat down at the kitchen table until the pain would subside. I watched Alex outside with the dogs, a huge smile on his face as they jumped about chasing their frisbees and bringing it back to him just to do it all over again. I knew the songwriting process is a frustrating process so I was extremely happy to see a smile on that man's face.

I stretched my arms out along the table as I watched Alex, only for the tip of my fingers to bump into Alex's songwriting book. His one of many songwriting books actually. Curiosity got the best of me when I saw a sticky note hanging out of the book with today's date written on it. "That must be the new song they just wrote" I thought to myself.

Yeah, I had to open it.

I flipped the book cover and all the other pages prior to the bookmarked one.

"Hm, wow, a love song" I thought to myself as I read the lyrics.

Wait. Haaaang on a minute...

Tuesday afternoon? Grinning like a fool? Douchebag guys? Desperate wives?? And why is there a heart at the top with "R.G" written beside it? Are they my initials?

Did Alex actually write this about our day together yesterday? Because by the look of these lyrics, it's illustrating our time together from Alex's point of view.

Okay, my heart is officially melting. Alex has done all these amazing things for me in the past year and a bit, but this really takes the cake. So he wasn't lying when he would call me today for inspiration.

Once my foot felt better, I stood up from my seat with the biggest grin on my face and stood just outside of the house, hiding the book behind my back.

"Hey babe, coming to play with the dogs?" Alex momentarily looked up at me then faced back to the dogs.

"A Daydream Away, huh?" I said nonchalantly while leaning against the door.

"Wait, what?"

"A Daydream Away"

"How...? Where did you hear those words from?" He stopped playing with Sebastian and Peyton and walked over to me, confused.

I simply showed him his lyric book and shrugged my shoulders, "it was on the kitchen table."

"Oh damn I forgot to put it away. I wanted it to be a surprise for you." he stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked down at his feet, and now I felt like a jerk for ruining his surprise.

"Oh Alex, I'm sorry. I was so curious and I couldn't stop myself from looking" I apologized, sincerely sorry that I ruined it for him.

"Don't worry babe, I'm sure I would have cracked and shown the song to you at some point before the final recording. But now I'm wondering...did you like the lyrics?" he asked as he sat the both of us down on the wooden steps on the porch.

I opened up the book and looked at the page again, "yeah I love them. It's about me so why wouldn't I?" I said joking with him, leaning on his shoulder "how did you think of how to write this?"

"Well I knew I wanted at least one acoustic love song on this album. I had such a good time with you yesterday, some of our activities stuck in my head. And then when I would call you during the day its because Rian told me to. He said that hearing your voice could spark up more things that you and I have done together. And it did."

"But I'm yours, Alex...why did you say that I was a daydream away?"

"Honestly...when we first started talking and seeing each other on the train every day...I knew that I wanted you to be mine. And you were like a daydream away."

"You're cheesy, you know that?" I looked up at him, his eyes sparkling in the sun which was slowly making its way down from the sky.

"Only for you though" he pressed a kiss to my forehead then cuddled closer to me.

"How are the rest of the songs going though? If I can even ask that...you and the guys have been keeping it secretive this time."

"We've got about 24 songs actually, so it's going really good. Good enough that we're gonna be starting to record it next month and then our producer Hank will help us narrow it down to about 12 of the best songs." Alex replied with such enthusiasm.

"You seem really excited about it, I'm happy for you Alex."

"I cant even lie, 5 songs that I wrote were inspired by you, Rachel. I guess you're kind of my muse."

I lay my head on his shoulder once again and let myself enjoy the moment. I think I fell in love with this man all over again. Ah rockstars, they really know how to get deep into your soul so easily.

A/N: Hey everyone, sorry this is such a filler chapter. I just LOVE a daydream away and thought this would be a cute idea for a chapter ;)