Daughter of the Demon-32-The Wedding Part 2

So, DeNiiZzE_93, this one's for you. Your comments have gotten me through this book. You rock, i will love you till the end of time.

************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 32: The Wedding Part 2

~Jemma~

“Clara, there are no words to describe how gorgeous you look.”

Aunt Clara blushed at my words, petting her hair which was twisted up on her head in some elegant hair do that seemed unrepeatable if she were to mess it up. We were at the church in one of the side rooms designated for the bride to prepare herself. Clara had insisted we get here an hour early to begin prepping her up and it had passed that hour about a half-hour ago. I could hear friends and family and probably near everyone in Heart (it wasn’t that big a town) gathering in the sanctuary. It had taken me the extra half-hour to get ready, because that was all I needed. I was fitted into my gorgeous red strapless dress. I had my black sandals on, I adorned the diamond jewelry set, and Clara had applied my make-up for me, which included only a thin coating of cherry lipstick. She told me my eyes were demanding all their own so eyeliner was never a problem, and my eyelashes were thick enough without adding all that mascara.

Clara had also done my hair for me. It was put up in a simple bun atop my head. Wisps hung down around my face and she had put a flower circlet around the bun. I looked stunning.

The doors to our make-shift dressing room opened and somebody I didn’t know stuck their head in. “Clara? We’re about to start.”

“Okay,” I heard Clara whisper, and the lady shut the oak doors again.

Something was clearly troubling Aunt Clara. “Clara?” I asked. “What’s wrong?”

She smoothed out her dress. “It’s just . . . my dad was supposed to be here to walk me down the aisle, you know? And I had dreamed of this day with Linda sitting in the front row with her husband and . . .” Tears began forming in her eyes. I took a tissue and dabbed them out quick as I could, for the sake of not ruining her make-up and not ruining her special day.

“Clara,” I whispered, “I miss Mom, too. And Dad, even if he declared he didn’t love me. But I bet they’re watching us right now, and Mom wants nothing more at this moment for you to walk out there and make her proud.”

Clara sniffed, staring at me. A small smile played at her lips. “How did you grow up so fast?”

I shrugged. “Oh, you know . . . stuff happens to make you think about yourself, about others, and life in general.” I raised my head and looked toward the sky, closing my eyes. I laughed. “And anyway, don’t you think you and Michael have been through way too much crap not to be together forever?”

Clara laughed at my repeat of her words about Jacob and me, and despite her dress she pulled me into a hug. “Jemma, you always knew how to get a laugh out of me,” she murmured before releasing me. She took a deep breath. “Alright. I got the man I love waiting for me out there. What do you say we head on out and watch as everyone ogles me in this dress?”

“Someone thinks a lot of themselves,” I teased.

Clara shrugged one shoulder. “Eh, it’s my wedding day. I can think anything I want to.”

I opened the oak doors and held them for Clara to walk through. “It’s all you, Auntie.”

She kissed my forehead. “Thank-you. And you are the most wonderful niece ever.”