I'm up and out of my bed before Shikamaru's done talking, racing into the hallway. I look from side to side, unsure of where to go. Shikamaru appears in the doorway, one eyebrow raised in a question. "Hinata," I say. "Where is she?"

After a slight hesitation, Shikamaru waves his hand, indicating for me to follow. He leads me down the hallway, stopping outside a door identical to my own. I push it open quickly and dash inside... to see Hinata sitting up bed with Kiba and Shino standing at the foot of the bed.

"Hinata!" I shout, tackle-hugging her. She gasps as my arms go around her neck, and then winces in pain. I back off quickly, staring at her with wide eyes. "Oh my God!" I say quickly. "I just heard. You fought Neji? How did that happen? What happened? Hinata, oh are you alright?"

"I-I'm doing better, Akari," she says quietly, a hand to her chest.

"Jeez," Kiba mutters, his gray jacket replaced by a darker-gray hoodie, the hood pulled down. "You just woke up and you're already so hysterical. Is it your time of the--"

Shino slaps a hand over Kiba's mouth, effectively cutting him off. I glare at him, after thanking Shino with a quick smile.

"Kiba," I say shortly. "Shut up. You lost to Naruto, apparently, and I'll be hearing about that later. Right now, though, I'm more worried about how Hinata did, understand?"

He rolls his eyes, but nods and Shino drops his hand.

"I lost," Hinata says quietly, her voice barely loud enough to hear. I sit gently on the side of her bed, taking hold of her trembling hand. "That's alright, Hinata," I say. "There's always next time."

She shakes her head. "I tried so hard, though," she says dejectedly. "I wanted... I wanted to impress him, so he'd finally notice me. For once, he was watching me. And yet, all I could was be the weak coward that I am."

"Naruto," I say knowingly, giving her hand a squeeze. "You wanted to impress Naruto, right?"

She nods.

"But Hinata," Shikamaru says, stepping into the room. "He was impressed. He thought you'd gave it your all. You should have seen how mad he was at Neji for insulting you, and nearly killing you."

Nearly. Killing. You?

Oh that Hyuga is going down.

Hinata blushes crimson, dropping her head, her blue hair falling into her eyes. "R-Really?" she squeaks. He nods. "He vowed to win against Neji in the final rounds, swearing on your blood, actually."

Seeing that Hinata is alright, I turn around to face my lazy friend. "That's right, I forgot to ask. Who's facing who in the third round?"

"I'm facing Temari, Shino's facing Kankuro, Sasuke's facing Gaara, Naruto is facing Neji, and you're facing Dosu."

"The Sound Ninja?"

"Yeah. Not sure how well your ice will work against him."

"Hm..."

 Kiba's eyes suddenly widen and he jumps in front of me, putting his face way too close to mine. "I forgot! WHAT WAS THAT BACK THERE?!"

"Oh," I say. He's talking about my Ice Release kekkei genkai. Should I tell them? Kakashi knows, but telling people I'll have to see everyday... Well, they are my teammates, and Shikamaru is one of my best friends. They may be a little shocked, but I think it'll be ok.

"That was my kekkei genkai," I say casually. "The Ice Release kekkei genkai, to be exact."

....... Wonderful. Now all their faces are going to be permanately frozen in shock.