Prologue - Belong

Hello there readers :)!!! Please check out the trailer to your right if you haven't :) ----->

(Sophie)

Do you ever feel like you don't fit in? Like everyone around you is beating on a diferent drum than you are? No? Well me neither...Maybe. Oh stop lying Sophie. I have. I have always felt like I don't belong anywhere, no matter where I went. For this reason I’ve always assumed I was different from other sixteen year olds around me. Or so I hopped. There had to be a reason to why I never felt like I belong anywhere. The first time I was sure I was different from all the other juniors in my class was the first day I saw those deep blue ocean eyes staring at me from the other side of the graveled school parking lot. I didn’t understand it then but this marked the beginning of a new and exciting life for me, a life full of surprises and unexpectedly full of him. I'm not going to lie, it took me a lot to get used to him and what this all entailed but I won't get ahed of myself just yet. You are all going to be treated in a need to know basis, Okay? Deal. 

Well this incident caused my mother and father to take me out on what they called a “Burns Family Trip.” Sounds normal right, to go out with your family in trips, embarrassing and even a bit fun? Well, not in my family. 

I was raised in Barrington Place, Los Angeles after we moved from Pittsburgh when I was only three years old. Even though my parents told me we moved here to provide a normal life for me, I never truly understood them. Why was this more normal than our life before?  

My mother and father, Luke and Sarah Burns, met during their twenties on one of their missions. As the story goes there were both very popular undercover agents because of their bizarre ability to stay undercover against all odds. Oh, and they never missed a target. Or at least so they said. 

Personally I think they are a little full of themselves. It’s hard to believe they never missed, someone must have seen something. But this “power” of theirs has worked for my benefit, or so they tell me, because now I can have a normal life going to a normal nearby small school and not worry about anything. I’ve always wondered what is there to worry about out there. Is the world really that messed up?

Ok, so funny thing about my parents is that because they are spies they are also a little bit paranoid when it comes to me. I guess it is because they have seen enough during their lifetime and of course they  will overprotect their only daughter, but sometimes it gets overwhelming. I went to Brentwood Upper School near my house. About maybe five miles away. Because it was only upper school, there were only around five hundred students on campus. And to top it all of even though I’m old enough to drive my driver and bodyguard, John, still takes me. Over the top huh?

 Besides their bizarre behavior some days they are fairly normal parents who save the world every day.  Yes, my parents do keep their double lives a secret and even from me until I turned ten. Everyone else thinks my dad is a consultant for a very exclusive oil company that requires him to travel constantly and my mother just tags along, but since the day I turned ten my parents confided in me one of their many secrets. They are spies, special agents for the government, CIA to be exact. That is all I could know because as they have always said “We’ll tell you nothing more than what you need to know honey, remember that”. That had never been a problem with me, even though I was an extremely curious child I’ve always kind of known not to mess with that only rule my parents had given me. 

Now I know I should have known better than to just settle for the need to know basis. You should have known better too...

Vote, tell me what you think about it and keep reading :)! Thank you.