Chapter twenty one.

I've been feeling terrible lately and haven't had the time to update having being very busy moaning at home whilst sprawled out on the couch feeling sorry for myself - yeah, fun!
Ugh! Anyway my voice sounds like a dalek because of my impossibly sore throat and I can't seem to keep from coughing up my lungs and I keep losing my voice and... And...

Anyway - now I've finished moaning, on with the story!

¡Adiós!

*****

Not long after I accepted George's proposal the idea begins to weigh on me. I don't regret a second of it, yet we have so much to do now. It seems like one of those long term projects that never seem to get done - the wedding. With it's cake and beautiful venue and my dress, the dress I'll never see. I am ready, yet there is so much to think about, Hazell is still a full time occupation for me, as well as school and myself. The wedding doesn't seem to get a look in.

After a year of instability and adjusting to my new life, the nightmares subsided. Elise avoids me in school, but that's a good thing, even if she apologised. I wouldn't accept, it would be just one of the empty promises she can't find in her heart the morals to complete. Bianca is still intent on making it up to me, she left flowers on my doorstep for months after I returned from hospital and eventually I cooled off. She will be helping to plan the wedding. One of my bridesmaids.

George is coming over. I don't know if I'm ready but I know it's time to take our relationship to the next level. I wonder if that's why he decided to come over, was he thinking the same thing?
I ask Hazell to slap a bit of makeup on me, even so, and change into loose clothes - it's unlikely I'll be keeping them on anyway. My mood shifts into flirtatious happiness anticipating what's to come, it's always like that with George. I know I'll soon have that feeling for the rest of my life, and boy, am I ready.

When the doorbell rings my heart gives a happy little Summersault inside me. Hazell instantly rushes to it and her squeals are my cue. George is almost immediately by my side, embracing me and caressing my hair before passionately smashing his lips against mine, causing a rush of passion and varied emotions to leap out of my mind and entwine around us. For a moment, we are the only people in existence, until...
"Ha ha haaa! Eat me too, Georgibear!"
I feel George's skin burn red and he pulls away, angry that the moment was ruined I turn to Hazell.
"Not funny," I cross my arms, Hazell immediately senses that I mean business and the excitement in the air subsides drastically.
"How about you go to your room, Haze?" I try to sound sweet and even smile despite my inexpressible anger, but to no avail, she obeys but I hear storming and cursing as she makes her way into her bedroom.

We are alone, me and George.
Perfect.
"How is my Angela?" He says, softly, a tone of seductiveness evident in his voice. He slowly tucks a stray strand of hair behind my ear and slowly moves his hand down my cheek and neck. I breathe deeply, my sightless eyes locked on his, my lip parting slightly I feel his hand creep under my top and feel the skin on my breasts. I smile, his skin is warm and soft and feels good pressed up against my own. Arousing, even.

"Amazing," I manage to gasp happily in response to his question, I can almost hear him smiling at my reply.
"Well, is she ready for a bit of wedding planning." I almost cry disappointment, that was what he came over for? I was expecting so much more from this visit. I though it would really mean something, I had a feeling, a feeling in my bones.
Seeing my unhappy expression, George again does what he does so well at yet again.
Making me happy.
"Joking!" He says hurriedly, and persists to brush his hand over the majority of the skin I own. Finally lifting my top off over my head and tossing it carelessly on the ground before letting me remove his own. It feels so wonderful, being so... So intimate with George. It makes me feel whole again, like every scar is being polished off of my body in one smooth move. Amazing.

Eventually we allow ourselves to drift upstairs to my bedroom. Or once in my life I am glad I don't have to share with Hazell. We never really got round to doing it but after removing a few more clothes we spend the night taking each other to heaven with our hands. The pure simplicity of our love is amazing. We haven't argued once, no mood swings, no hurt or lies or sex or anything that could make our relationship complicated, maybe that was why we jumped into marriage so quickly. No complications. Just love. Deep, impenetrable love.

And it's a truly amazing thing.

After we both are feeling the effects of fatigue we retire to bed, his arm around my head, warm and soft. I can feel his pulse circulating behind my head and the steady beating lulls me to sleep.

When I wake up there is nothing but a hard screen behind my head, George left his phone, I unlock it and it instantly starts playing a message. I instantly feel a wave of warmth flush in my cheeks, I love how he's so considerate, how he always makes you feel so special, no matter how worthless you actually are. He doesn't even need to tell me he loves me, actions speak louder than words, after all. I force my mind to stop its whirring and listen to the message playing in my hand.

Hi, babe, sorry I had to go, lots of planning to do! Love you, I'll be home soon.

I roll over in bed and sigh, it's gonna be a long day ahead of me.