17 ~ First and Second Test

Soon the four of them were walking down the deserted corridors, invisible by Harry's invisibility cloak.

"Ow! You stood on my foot!" Hermione whined.

"Sorry." Ron apologized. Rose sneezed behind Hermione, making the others tense.

"Sorry" Rose whispered this time. They stopped and Rose flicked her wand. "Alohomora" A small light erupted from the wand causing the door to open. They go in but were stunned by the sight.

"Wait a minute...he's...." Ron asked but was silenced by the cloak being blown off by the dog. Rose stared with wide eyes at the dog. That as one hell of a dog. "Sleeping."

"Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp." Harry said looking at the harp that played a soothing tune. Rose, unconsciously, grabbed Harry's hand as they approached the dog.

"Uh. It's got horrible breath!"

"Maybe he just forgot to brush his teeth?" Rose questioned.

"We have to move its paw." Harry said moving towards the giant paw.

"What?!" Rose and Ron questioned at the same time.

"Come on!" Ron whined but helped as they pushed the paw off the door. "I'll go first. Don't follow until I give you a sign." Rose stiffened ad looked over her shoulder to the harp, to see that it had stopped. "If something bad happens, get yourselves-" Rose grabbed Harry's arm tightly making him stop.

"The Harp" She began, fright in her voice. "It has stopped." Ron shrieked.

"Ew! Yuck! Ugh." A large drop of whitish goo had fallen on his shoulder. They all looked up to see fluffy, wide awake. Rose wasted no time to jump into the trapdoor. She screamed as she fell but she landed rather quickly.

The ground was covered in black ropelike vine but before Rose could even examine them she was pulled downwards. With a soft tud she fell onto the ground.

"Guys?" Rose questioned, looking around her. Slowly getting to her feet she noticed her friends weren't with her. Rose's eyes were drawn upwards hearing voices.

"Kill us faster?! Oh, now I can relax!" Ron. They had followed her. Another tud sounded as Hermione dropped next to Rose.

"Hermione!!" Rose shouted, helping Hermione to her feet.

"Rose!" Hermione shouted, hugging Rose.

"Hermione!!" Two voiced suddenly shouted from above. Rose and Hermione broke apart and looked upwards.

"Just relax!" Hermione shouted back at them.

"Hermione! Where are you?!" Rose heard Harry shout.

"Safe, Just Relax, trust us!!" Rose shouted back this time.

Another tud was heard as Harry fell down next to them.

"Harry!" Rose shouted as she copied her previous moves and helped Harry up. Rose tried to let Harry go but he held her tight, just for a moment.

"Harry!" They could hear Ron shout. Harry and Rose pulled away. Hermione quickly checked Harry over.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

"Help!" They looked up to see Ron still struggling.

"He's not relaxing, is he?" Rose shook her head.

"I don't think so"

"Help! Help me!" Ron shouted again.

"We've got to do something!" Rose shouted, hating to see Ron so frightened.

"What?"

"Uh! I remember reading something in Herbology." Rose winched hearing Ron call out again. "Um Devil's Snare, Devil's Scare, it's deadly fun...but will sulk in the sun! That's it! Devil's Snare hates sunlight!" Rose quickly took out her want and pointed it at the Devil Snare.

"Lumus Solem!" A beam of light shot out of her wand and hit the snare. Another Tud sounded as Ron joined them.

"Ron, are you okay?" Harry asked. Rose smiled and tugged her wand back in her pocked.

"Yeah."

"Whew. Lucky we didn't panic!" Rose glared at him and flicked him over the head.

"You are lucky Hermione paid attention in Herbology." Ron nodded quickly. Hermione smiled and hooked her arm with Rose.

"And that you knew the right spell." Harry complimented. Rose blushed and was very glad that is was dark.

A whooshing sound suddenly reached their ears. The friends tensed and turned to the sound.

"What is that?"

"I don't know. Sounds like wings."

They shuffled to the door at the end of the room. Ron twisted the knob but it wouldn't budge.

"Its locked" He huffed. Hermione rolled her eyes and took out her wand.

"Alohomora"

The door opened with a flick. Rose smiled at Hermione before entering the room. The room was partly empty but when they looked up they noticed all the small birds that flew around.

"Curious. I've never seen birds like these." Hermione observed. They walked further into the room to see a broomstick, hovering in the air.

"They're not birds, they're keys." Harry noticed. Rose squinted her eyes to notice the same. "And I'll bet one of them fits that door."

"What's this all about?" Hermione asked as they finally reached the other door.

"I don't know. It's strange." Rose noted. Ron crept over and took out his wand.

"Alohomora!" He shouted but the door didn't open. "Well, it was worth a try." Ron shrugged.

"Ugh! What're we going to do? There must be 1000 keys up there!"

"We're looking for a big old fashioned one. Probably rusty like the handle."They looked up trying to find the key. Harry was the first to see it.

"There! I see it!" He shouted before he pointed to one of the keys. "The one with the broken wing!" Harry's gaze shifted to the broom.

"What's wrong, Harry?"Hermione asked, seeing him struggle.

"It's too simple." Rose nodded, it really was. Maybe the broom was enchanted and would explode when someone sat on it.

"Oh, go on, Harry! If Snape can catch it on that old broomstick, you can! You're the youngest seeker in a century!" Ron encouraged. Harry walked over to the broom but was stopped by Rose as she grabbed his hand. Harry turned to her, confused.

"Be careful" Harry nodded before he send her a small smile and grabbed the broom. All the keys stopped before they changed direction and flew straight at Harry. He quickly hopped on his broom before taking off.

"This complicates things a bit!" Ron commented as they watched Harry fly for his life. It didn't took him long to grab the right key though.

"Catch the key!" He shouted before he threw the key at Hermione. Hermione quickly placed it in the lock before opening the door. Rose kept her eyes on Harry as he tried to distract the other keys.

Ron pulled Rose through the door just as Harry zoomed trough it. Hermione closed the door and the keys slammed against it.