9 ~ Nicholas Flamel

Harry, Rose, Hermione and Ron walked along with Hagrid on the path leading to his home. Rose's wrist was bandaged up and an was in an sling around her neck. That Quaffle nearly broke her wrist but she was lucky. Only an small part of her bone was broken and that was easily fixed with an potion. She had to keep the sling for a while though because they wanted to make sure the tissue healed properly. Harry was stunned when he had seen it. He hadn't even noticed it happen. He had been so busy with his broom and the snitch. Oliver had been very proud when he woke up though. It was killing him that Slytherin knocking him off his broom and he was very happy when they told him that Rose took his position. They were actually holding an meeting at the very moment about it because it is against the rules for an player to switch positions in the game. There was an chance that she would be kicked out of the team.

"Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid asked as they walked.

"Who knows. Why was he trying to get past that 3 headed dog on Halloween?" Hagrid stopped and turned to them.

"Who told you 'bout Fluffy?" He asked clearly knowing more.

"Fluffy?" Ron asked. Hagrid shook his head and resumed walking.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asked.

"Most things have" Rose piped up having been in her own world the whole time.

"Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..." He stopped and looked at them.

"Yes?" Harry tried wanting to know more. Hagrid shook his head.

"Shouldn'ta said that. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is." Rose rolled her eyes. All those secret things were givin' her an headache.

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Harry exclaimed.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher." Hagrid spoke not believing them.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a curse when I see one. I've read all about them. You have to keep eye contact. And Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione said honestly wanting to make him believe them. Rose nodded. She hadn't seen it happen at all. She had been so busy dodging the bludger or defending the goal to notice.

"Exactly." Harry's eyes drifted to Rose for a second. When the game was over, everyone had congratulated him about the victory and just forgot about Rose. She had made the goals and defended the goal. Maybe that was what she had told him about. People often forgot her when something happened. He tried to get to her and congratulate her but he was dragged away by the students. When they finally left him alone he went to find her and found her in the infirmary.

"Now, you listen to me, all four of you." Hagrid signed making Harry snap back to the conversation. "You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

"Nicholas Flamel?" Rose asked clearly heard the name. Hagrid blinked and shook his head.

"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. I should not have said that" He repeated before he walked out.

"Nicholas Flamel...Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asked turning to his friends. They all shook their heads.

"I don't know." Hermione said before they walked back to the school.

-1-

It was Christmas!!! The happiest time a year!! Christmas. The Great hall was decorated with all kinds of Christmas decorations. Hagrid had brought in an big tree and the remaining students had decorated it. Ghosts were singing songs like 'Marry Christmas' Ring the Hogwarts Bell' and 'Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer.' Hermione approaches the empty tables, wheeling a cart. At the table sat Ron and Harry. On the table sat Rose. She was watching them play chess. She had never played chess. Ron had offered to teach her. She had been overjoyed and had hugged him tight.

"Knight to E-5." Harry spoke making his knight move. Ron thought for an moment before he spoke.

"Queen to E-5." His queen moved to Harry's knight and whacked it off the table with her chair.

"That's totally barbaric!" Hermione exclaimed making them look at her. They had really grown close in the couple of months. Hermione and Rose were nearly joined to the hip. Hermione had even asked her to come home with her to celebrate Christmas. Rose declined though. She didn't wanted to cause any problems to Hermione's parents. One wizard in their home was good, two would be too much.

"That's wizard's chess. I see you've packed." Ron commented waiting for Harry to make his move.

"See you haven't." She shot back.

"Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there!" Ron bitterly spoke before he turned back to the board. Rose eyed the board and smiled before moving over to Harry ad whispering something into his ear. She moved back and watched Ron and Hermione. Harry's cheeks turned bright pink but luckily she didn't notice. His crush on her had grown the last weeks. He liked the way she made him blush or when she made him smile at her sweetness.

"Good. You can help Harry and Rose, then. They're going to go the library for information on Nicholas Flamel." Rose smiled and nodded. She liked the library. The ghost that flew around there were always very nice to her and helped her find the books she needed.

"We've looked a hundred times!" Ron whined.

"Not in the restricted section." She mocked before she turned to Rose. "Are you sure that you are not coming with me. My parents won't mind" Rose smiled and shook her head.

"No I'll rather stay here, if you don't mind. My dad is working so I don't want to go home either. I will be fine really. Merry Christmas" Hermione signed but nodded.

"Happy Christmas." She took her cart and walked away. Ron and Harry watched her leave.

"I think we've had a bad influence on her." Ron said talking about the restricted section. Harry turned back to the board and spoke.

"Queen to B-4" The queen moved and Harry smirked. "Checkmate" Ron gasped and looked at the board. Harry laughed while Rose snickered.