6 ~ Wingardium Leviosa

Rose sat in the Gryffindor room when Ron, Hermione and Harry walked in. They were all breathing hard and it looked like they had seen a ghost, or something scarier. Mostly Ron.

"What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school." Ron shouted as he sat down on the couch next to Rose. She looked up from her book and tried to make any sense from their conversation.

"You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione shook her head and crossed her arms.

"I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!" Rose looked at Harry who seemed deep in thought.

"It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something."

"Guarding something?" Rose asked making them look at her, remembering that she was there.

"That's right. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed...or worse, expelled!" Hermione turned around and walked up the stairs to the girl's dorm.

"She needs to sort out her priorities!" Ron puffed while leaning more into the couch. Harry nodded doing the same.

"What was that all about?" Rose asked curiously. Harry sat up before he began his explanation.

"A three headed dog on the third floor." Rose's eyes widen.

"You were on the third floor?" She whispered. Harry nodded before Ron spoke up.

"It was the stairs who did it, not us!" Rose raised an eyebrow.

"Good luck telling Dumbledore that"

"You're not going to snitch us right?"

"No of course not but I want to help" Ron looked at Harry who nodded.

"Alright" Ron signed not happy that another person joined them especially not Rose. Not that he didn't like her, quite the opposite. She felt like a sister to him. Rose smiled before she took her book and stood up. "Goodnight" She turned and walked up to the dorms.

"Goodnight" Ron and Harry called after her before she disappeared from view.

-2-

The next morning Harry, Rose and Oliver stood outside. Oliver and Harry were carrying an trunk while Rose had at least three brooms with her. They placed it on the grass before Oliver turned to Harry. They had also changed into their Quidditch uniforms.

"Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each team has seven players, 3 chasers, 2 beaters, 1 keeper and a seeker. There are three kinds of balls." He opened the trunk making Harry and Rose peek into it. One large red one lay in the middle with two smaller balls at the sides who appeared to be moving. Oliver took out the large ball and threw it at Rose who caught it. "This one's called the Quaffle. Now, the chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops." He explained before he pointed behind them to large hoops in the distance. Rose nodded before he continued. "The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops. With me so far?" He smiled as Harry and Rose nodded. Rose threw him the 'Quaffle' back.

"I think so. What are those?" Harry asked pointing at the moving balls.

"You better take this." Oliver handed Harry a small bat. Oliver crouched down and started releasing the moving ball. Harry sub-consciously moved in front of Rose in an protective manner. With an angry growl the ball flew off into the air.

"Careful now, it's comin' back." The ball came down and Harry hit it with his bat. The ball flew right trough the arms of the statue on top of the tower behind them.

"Eh, not bad, Potter, you'd make a fair beater...Uh-oh." The ball zoomed back to them but Oliver caught it and with a lot of struggle he managed to put it back into he box.

"Bludger. Nasty little buggers." He smiled and pointed at Harry as Rose took a step to the side, out of Harry's protective back. "But the only ball I want you to worry about is this" He reached out and pressed an button I the box making an small emblem plop open. A small ball no larger than a walnut appeared. Oliver took it out and showed it to Harry. "The Golden Snitch."

"I like this ball." Harry took it and twirled it in between his fingers.

"Me too" Rose smiled looking at the ball in Harry's fingers. She knew that she was going to be an chaser and was going to use the Quaffle but the snitch was still an nice object.

"Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see."

"What do I do with it?" Harry questioned looking at Rose for the answer but she was staring intensely at the Snitch.

"You catch it...before the other team's seeker. You catch this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter, and we win." Harry smiled and nodded before Oliver crouched down again and took out the Quaffle. He handed it to Rose before he took the brooms. "Let's see how good you are at using it." They nodded and walked to the arena.

-1-

The same day they sat in an classroom. The teacher was an short dwarf (?) with an grey beard and green robes. He stood on an pile of book and smiled at his students.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" Hermione and Rose raised their feathers making him smile. "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone." Everyone took their wand and copied his movements. "The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then."

"Wingardium Levio-saaa." Rose copied watching her quill intensely. Nothing.

"Wingardrium Leviosar." Rose heard from beside her and saw Ron nearly whacking his quill. Hermione quickly stopped him.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, youre saying it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosar." Rose smiled at how thick Hermione's accent sounded. Not that her Scottish accent was any different.

"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on." Ron dared, clearly not liking that he was being thought an lesson by an girl. Rose watched as Hermione sat up straight and swished her wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa." The feather floated up as one of the first as Ron smacked him head on his books.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" The teacher cheered nearly jumping on his books. Seamus who was sitting on Rose's other side swished his wand in every direction while saying the spell.

"Wingard Levosa. Wingard Levosa." A loud BOOOOM was heard as Seamus' feather exploded. Rose signed and took out her white cloth again. She handed it to him making him turn red.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." Harry called watching Rose as she tried flattening Seamus' hair. Was he jealous? No why should he be, Rose was just helping him... right?