8 ~ The Game

The next morning, in the great hall, Harry was aimlessly poking his food with his fork. Rose watched him pick up an piece of bacon before putting it down again. She took a sip of her tea just before Ron spoke.

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on." Harry looked up.

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today." Harry placed his fork back down.

"I'm not hungry."

"I'm just as nervous as you are Harry but you need to eat" Harry looked down at his plate but didn't eat an thing. Snape appeared behind them.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin." He turned to Rose. "You too Miss Smith" Rose nodded and swallowed. He gave them an curt nod before he walked away. More like limped. Rose looked at Harry and he gave her the same look back before they turned to the others.

"That explains the blood." Harry whispered more to himself then the others.

"Blood?" Hermione asked setting her cup down.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog." Rose started. Harry send her an smile and continued.

"But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." Hermione's eyes widen.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?"

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret."

"So you're saying..." Rose nodded.

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." An owl screeched causing them to look up. Hedwig flew down and dropped an large in paper wrapped item.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Ron asked looking up.

"But I-I never get mail. Harry exclaimed smiling down at his package. It was long but it wasn't clear what it was. Rose smiled at Harry.

"Let's open it." Harry eagerly nodded and they started to take off the paper. Ron, Hermione and Rose gasped as it came off.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry smiled very happy he got an broomstick. It would come in handy.

"That's not just any broomstick, Harry. It's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron exclaimed nearly drooling over it.

"One of the fastest ever made" Rose gaped eying it from different angles.

"But who...?" Harry looked around until he met the gaze of Professor McGonagall. She was stroking Hedwig before she send Harry an smile. Harry looked down at his broomstick before he looked up at Rose. "Did you get one?"

Rose shook her head but smiled. "No, but you need one more. You are the seeker. You need to go fast. I can just use the broom I practised on." Harry nodded but didn't look entirely convinced.

-1-

Inside the Quidditch tower was the Gryffindor team. They were marching towards the opening gate. Rose was now dressed in the teams uniform. Harry was walking in front with Oliver. They reach the gate and stopped. The door behind them closed making Rose jump. Fred who was walking next to her laid his hand on her shoulder.

"Scared?" He asked looking at her.

"A little" She replied with an nervous chuckle.

"That's normal, just remember that we are here to keep you safe" Rose nodded and looked at the gate. She gulped and watched as the door opened. They mounded their brooms and zoomed into the enormous pitch. As she rose up she could faintly hear the commentator, Lee Jordan, speak from the tower.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!" He cheered. Rose saw Hermione and Ron in the bleachers and waved. She breathed before she flew up and took her position. Rose looked up and gave Harry and small smile before she focused on the game.

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game." Madam Hooch stood on the ground with the trunk containing the balls.

"Now, I want a nice clean game...from all of you." She looked at Slytherin before she kicked the trunk making the bludgers zoom out.

"The bludgers are up...followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game." The snitch zoomed around them before it disappeared.

Madam Hooch grabbed the Quaffle and turned to them. She threw it up while Lee yelled. "The Quaffle is released...and the game begins!"

The Quaffle flew upwards but before anyone could blink Rose shot forwards and grabbed it. She zoomed past Slytherin towards their goal. She threw the ball and scored!!

"The new Chaser Roselyn Smith Scores!!! 10 points for Gryffindor." Rose laughed as she flew around the stadium before returning to the position. The Quaffle was quickly released but Slytherin took position of it. One of the Slytherin team dodged Rose as she tried to take it and threw it at the goal but Oliver whacked it away. The ball was once again in possession of Gryffindor. Rose threw it to Katie Bell who threw it back. They repeated until Rose threw it into the goal.

"Another 10 points to Gryffindor!" Rose flew to Katie and high fived her. They laughed before Rose flew up to Harry and high fived him too. Soon after Slytherin took the Quaffle again. Rose flew towards it but stopped when she noticed that an bludger was after her. She grumbled a curse word before she turned around and flew as fast as she could.

"It appears that Smith is in some kind of trouble" She could faintly hear above the sound of the wind in her ears. She looked back to see that it was still following her. She made an sharp turn which seemed to slow it down a bit. Another turn until she heard an hard SMACK! She stopped and looked back to see Fred with his bat.

"Told you so!" He shouted before he flew off. Rose laughed and searched the field for the Quaffle. Oliver was on the ground most likely been hit by an bludger. She then noticed that Harry was not there. She looked around praying that he wasn't hit but quickly noticed that he was chasing the snitch. She cheered before making an decision and flying over to the goals.

"It seems like Smith is taking the position of keeper!" Lee said as she turned around and braced herself. The Quaffle flew towards her making her fly towards it and hitting it with her broom. It backfired making her nearly fall off her broom but she held on tight and threw the ball towards Katie. Not long after it flew towards her again. It went towards the right hoop making her move upwards. She wasn't fast enough and used her hand. She whacked it away but when she looked down she saw her wrist turning red. She bit her lip stopping tears from falling and tried ignoring it.

"He's got the Snitch! Harry Potter receives 150 points for catching the Snitch!" She suddenly heard making her look downwards. Harry stood there with the snitch in his hand.

"Gryffindor wins!" Madam Hooch shouted making everyone cheer. Well all except Draco.

"Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor!" The crowd shouted as Rose slowly flew down towards the bleachers, needing her wrist do be checked out.