'We own the night'

"I'm very excited to be on my first headlining tour. I'm nervous more than anything because I feel like there's going to be a bit of expectation. I'm so excited to see my incredible fans on tour. We're working a great production and set lists, including some surprise covers. I want to make sure everyone has a fun time. I think with this whole tour, I'm trying my best to be as creative as possible. So there's going to be a production, there's going to be video's, effects, dancers, a lot of glitter... I just want to make it feel like a rave."

Selena's POV
We just arrived at the venue Mizner Park Amphitheatre in Boca Raton, Florida. During the drive on the tourbus my anxiety kicked in. But it's normal to be nervous right when you will have the openings night during your very first tour?! I wouldn't be standing there tonight alone though. My band The Scene would be rocking the stage with me. Together with my dancers and my background singers. We worked so hard till this day to make an awesome show for my fans. And I couldn't be more excited to finally show it tonight for the very first time.

Friends, family and even Justin made sure he had a free day to be there for me. He experienced his first show of the My World tour last year already. He gave me some advice how to calm down your nerves. I've been performing for years already but an own headlining tour is something totally different. He also told me that I should enjoy every second of the show because time would fly by tonight.

Justin's POV
I knew already what I would be wearing today. Mandy brought it to me last night while Selena was doing rehearsals with the band. A special day for my girl. I was excited to finally see the whole show coming to life. Selena was already at the venue. I would check in on her this afternoon. Otherwise I would have joined her in the tourbus to go with her. But I don't want to distract her. This is her day and she needs as much concentration as possible. I was already happy that I'm having a day off.

I pulled the t-shirt over my head. Put some sunglasses on and my glitterly mouth mask. Then I grabbed my phone and walked to the mirror of the hotelroom. Selena looked like a beautiful Cleopatra on my t-shirt. I've had to take a dope selfie. I've took some pictures from different angles and saved the best one. I shouldn't be posting it on Instagram already. Otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise anymore for her.

Selena's POV
I've got a lot of sweet presents during my meet and greet. Most of all food. I think I've got around 20 jars of pickles. My fans know me so well. They are amazing. One of the reasons why I'm doing this is to makes them happy. Let them know that they are worthy. Who Says will be my anthem song during this tour. I think it will be my favorite part of the show. I want to inspire each and everyone in the audience and make them feel proud of themselves.

I heard a knock on the door of my dressingroom. 'Yes come in.' The door opened and Justin walked in wearing a warm coat. Is he crazy?! It's summer!

'Hey babe. How did the rehearsals go?' I've got up from my seat and kissed him before saying 'It went great. I'm glad you're here now. But are you sick?' Justin saw me looking at his coat. He started to laugh while I was still confused.

'No don't worry. I'm not sick. I've got a surprise for you.' My confused expression turned into an excited look.

'You're too good for me Justin. You gave me already so....' I've stopped with talking when Justin took his coat off. He was wearing a We Own The Night t- shirt. I was flabbergasted. I didn't expect this at all.

'Selena... are you still there?!' I've heard Justin laughing and I came back out of my shocking state of mind. I hugged him and said 'You're adorable'.

Then Justin wispered in my ear 'Now you're not only in my heart but also around my heart.' I let go of Justin for a moment and looked directly in his beautiful eyes. 'You're so cheesy. I love you.'

'I love you too'. Justin pulled me against him and started to kiss me. A long hot passionate kiss. All my tension for tonight was gone. He always made me calm.

No one's POV
It was 30 minutes before show time. Fans were already arriving inside the venue. Excited to find out how close their seats were towards the stage. Everyone backstage was almost ready for the show. The outfits, hair and make-up were all done. The background singers were doing some last vocal exercises together with Selena. While Justin made a deal with The Scene to play a mashup of Cry Me A River and Favorite Girl somewhere during the show. Justin wanted to surprise Selena another time today. And ofcourse the fans would be also surprised to see Justin walking on stage and giving a performance.

Now it was only 10 minutes left before the show would start. The whole crew, the openings acts Christina Grimmie and Allstar Weekend, Selena's family and friends like Ashley Cook were all joining the group circle together with Justin, Selena and the Scene. Selena wanted to say something.

'We finally did it! Everybody thank you.' Everyone started to cheer. 'I wanna thank... first I wanna thank my band. Because you all have been with me for like 3 years now. And I love you guys so much! You guys have been through so much with me. My parents for helping me get the tour that I finally want. Mark.. every hard thing that we give you, you just handle it with grace. That's how I'm gonna say it. And I wanna thank all of the dancers for working so hard for making it my dream tour. And I wanna thank my little marshmallow girls for making this happening. And All Star you guys were the very very first band that ever opened up for me. And I hope you guys know that I'm so honored that you guys are opening my very first tour. I hope you guys know how much I appreciate and love you guys so much. So this is it! We own the night. And uhm.. And I can't be more thankful for every single person in this room so I love you guys. Thank you!'

Everyone started to cheer again and then all put their hands together to yell 'WE OWN THE NIGHT WOOO!'

Justin's POV
With a proud smile on my face I was looking at my girl performing an amazing show. Together with Kenny we enjoyed every song while standing backstage. I even caught him singing along to some songs. Right now she was singing Middle Of Nowhere. And after this song it was my turn to surprise her on stage and ofcourse also her fans.

After 2 minutes the song ended. And then Ethan started to play the first chords of Favorite Girl on the guitar. I walked on stage while already singing and Selena turned around and looked at me with a surprised smile. We walked to each other while staring in each other's eyes. When I reached her I gave her a hug and then the crowd started to cheer even louder. Then Selena walked off stage probably still shocked that this just happened. I've tried to put all my emotions in this performance. I really liked to sing Cry Me A River too. The fans were singing along but most of all screaming. But I've got used to it already. Before walking off stage I shouted 'Everyone give it up for Selena Gomez!'

Selena's POV
I was waiting for Justin to come down off the stage. I've had 2 minutes before the song My Dilemma would start. Right now they were showing some old video's from when I was still a little girl. When I saw Justin I pulled him in for a tight hug.

'Thank you so much! You don't even know how happy this made me.' Justin let go of me and I saw a huge smile on his face. 'You didn't see this coming don't ya?!'

'No. You all are amazing actors. Nobody said a thing.'

'That's good. I will give your band all an icecream after the show.'

I've started laughing but then heard the band playing the first melodies of My Dilemma. I gave Justin a kiss and while running on stage I've heard him saying 'You rock my favorite girl!'

------------------------------------

The 18th one shot. I hope you all liked it? Thanks to Justin I've posted it this time 1 day earlier. Because tomorrow I'm only having concentration for Purpose! The inspiration to write this one shot is obviously through the We Own The Night tour. Thank you for the continued support on my writing :)