Chapter 23

What's really bothering her:
Rebekah POV:

I walked out to the living room there Nik sat. He just sat and looked up at the ceiling. He looked kinda hurt. I looked at Nik and told him 'Show her that you care about her'. Then I vamp-speed up to the spare room there Caroline lived. She looked pretty devastated.

-You two need to have a normal conversation. You know that, right? I said to Caroline.

-Whatever. Nik said. He's unbeliveble.

-I can agree with that. I said and smiled. Caroline smiled back.

-Rebekah, can I ask you something?

-Yeah sure. Whatever you want.

-If Klaus doesn't care about that little wolf, why is she still here? Caroline said.

-I don't know. Klaus is a mystery. And I don't like Hayley. She's so annoying. I could see that Caroline was crying right now.

-Care, what's wrong? I asked and sat down on the bed beside her so that I could embrace her into a hug. I really started to feel like Caroline was becoming my best friend.

-I never wanted it to be like this. She said between sobs.

-What do you mean? I asked soft. I really felt sympathy for Caroline.

-You know when I want something? I always make sure that I get it. But I can never get what Hayley can. She can reproduce. And the worst part is that she is pregnant with Klaus's child. I can never grow up and get kids. Caroline said and started to cry even more. I never thought about what Caroline told me right now. I totally understand her. If I were in her place I would feel the same. And now I know why she is so hurt everytime she sees Hayley in the same room with Klaus. But she puts on her angry face and hide the pain. I let go off Caroline and told her that I should go down stairs and talk to my brothers. She just nodded. I walked into the living room and saw Klaus still looking at the ceiling.

-I know what's wrong with Caroline. I said and Klaus looked at me.

-What is it with her? Klaus asked. I could tell that he was worried.

-She's not angry at Hayley for being pregnant. Caroline came here for you, then when she heard about Hayley being pregnant with your child she got hurt. She's hurt because she can't reproduce. She never thought about it before until now. And I think that Hayley has lied to Caroline about stuff. One off the happiest thing in a womens like is to have a family, including a child or children. And deep down she knows that you do not like Hayley the way you like her, and you still keep Hayley around. She wouldn't be like this if Hayley wasn't pregnant with your child. And you have to stop Hayley from telling Caroline lies. Because I'm sure that's what she do. I told Klaus. Elijah came into the living room.

-Yeah, Rebekah is right. And if you care about Caroline show it. Elijah said.

-She doesn't hate you or think that you are the worst. She's just saying that because she is hurt and because she doesn't know how to tell you how she feels about all this. I guess that it's the way she's trying to say that she's hurt. Kol said when he came into the living room.

-And please keep that little wolf out off our house. She's so annoying and just destroyes everything. I said. We all looked at Klaus and it didn't look like he knows what he should say right now.