Part 4: Departure Day

"Well this is it." I said.

Gabriel smiled at me. "Yeah I guess it is."

"You're uh, flight is gonna depart in 2 minutes." I stated, hoping he would run to his flight so I don't have to see him anymore. I hated seeing people go away. This summer went by way too quickly. My best friend is going back home and I hate seeing him leave me. I'm so selfish.

"Ok, 2 minutes." He said, "we still have plenty of time together, ok? They're boarding passengers right there, I'll be fine." He said staring into my eyes, trying to make every last word count.

We hugged. It was a long hug. Not only were we connecting physically, but emotionally as well. I hate college. I hate that he has to go there while I'm stuck in my apartment in LA doing random crap that doesn't benefit me in life. He has a plan for his life and he knows what he wants to do. How unfair of me to keep him from doing something he loves. He's my best friend.

"Departing flight 45 from Los Angeles to Florida, last call" a voice over the intercom stated.

"I guess you better go." I stated, still hugging him.

'Don't let me go.' I thought. He let go of me and put his hands on my shoulders. Don't worry, he said, "I'll be back. We can face time! We're best friends nothing is going to change." Gabriel took his hands off my shoulders and grabbed his backpack off the seat.

"Ok I better go, I might be late. Gabriel sighed. Bye." He gave me one quick hug and turned around and started walking towards the boarding area. I watched him walk away, as my heart started slowly sinking beneath my chest.

"He's really going back to college." I said staring down at my feet.

"Ok!" Lindsey said, patting my back, shocking me from spacing out. "How about we go get some pizza, and we'll go back to the apartments and rant to each other." She smiled at me.

I smiled back. Im glad to have her as a best friend. She helps me when my other best friend leaves. And goes to college. And leaves me alone.

"Ok" I agreed, "it'll be a good way to get my mind off of Gabriel."

"Yay let's go." Lindsey said putting her arm around me. We walked out of the airport and headed to the car.

I buckled my self in and let Lindsey drive, falling asleep to the sound of the cars tires against the road.

My dream didn't go too well. It was horrifying. Gabriel forgot about me, and even worse:

He never came back.

I woke up with a shock as the car stopped on the driveway.

"We're home." Lindsey said.

"Good." I replied.

•ok quick update, I know it's not as long as usual, but that's ok the next one will be longer•

~Cass