Part 1: Beach Bums

Care Free: free from anxiety or responsibility.

And that's exactly what we are.

"I'm in the mood for some ice cream..how about you?" Gabriel asked me.

"Sure!" I exclaimed. "I could go for some right now." I giggled.

"Awesome." He replied.

We headed off of the beach and started walking towards our car. The sun had just set, so we decided it was the right time to leave.

We picked up our picnic things from the sand, and headed towards the car to put them away.

"You wanna know what the best part of my day was?" I asked.

"The sunset?" He asked.

"Nope." I smiled. "My favorite part of today, was when we were tossing the football back and forth in the ocean, and when you went to catch it, you completely missed and fell into the waves." I laughed. Just the thought of it caused me to laugh even harder.

"Although, the sunset was pretty good too." I smiled

Gabriel turned and looked at me with a pouty face and said, "That wasn't funny Brooklyn."

And I laughed even harder.

We walked into the pier and stopped at a frozen yoghurt shop. There where so many flavors, it was extremely hard to choose just one.

I ended up picking oreo, while Gabriel chose chocolate.

We each paid for our fro-yo, picked up two plastic spoons just in case, and then started to walk.

"Hey, you wanna do taste for taste?" I asked.

Taste for taste is this thing we do when we get food. If I give Gabriel a taste of what I have, he'll give me a taste of what he has.

"Sure." He stated, giving me a spoonful of his chocolate fro-yo.

"Mhhm." I said. "That's some good ice cream right there."

"I know right." He replied.

I put my spoon in my cup and took out my oreo fro-yo, but instead of putting it in his mouth, I put it on his nose.

"Hey Brooklyn! That's not fair!" He whined. "I get another taste!"

"Nope!" I replied, we each get one taste."

"Ugh fine." Gabriel gave up.

We walked onward until we saw a Ferris wheel.

"Brooklyn." Gabriel spoke seriously. "We have to go on it." Gabriel smiled staring at the towering Ferris wheel. "Please?" He pleaded.

I smiled and replied, "Yeah! Let's go!"

We got into the short line ahead of us and loaded into the Ferris wheel.

It lifted us up to where we could see the flickering lights of the pier below.

Finishing my ice cream I spoke, "Fine Gabriel, you can have another bite of my ice cream." I gave him my cup and he finished it, now that was good ice cream." Gabriel smiled, while I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Hey Brooklyn, are you getting tired?" He asked me.

"Yeah a little, but it's too early to go to bed! I wanna stay up and have some more fun!" I whined. Just doing what we want all the time is fun, but I guess I was a little drained from staying up late the night before.

"No, you're tired." Gabriel replied.

"Dang it. Why do you know me too well?" I asked.

"Because we're best friends. We're supposed to watch out for each other like this." Gabriel smiled as the Ferris wheel began to come to a stop.

The worker let us off the ride and we decided to walk back to the car.

Gabriel started the car and I reclined my seat back, just resting for a while.

I heard Gabriel turn on some soft music as he began driving, and I began to fall asleep.

"Brooklyn, wake up." I heard Gabriel speak as he nudged me awake.

"What?" I asked.

"Look." He stated.

I sat up from my chair and rubbed my eyes. What time is it?" I asked.

"About 3 in the morning, but you have to see this, c'mon." He opened his car door and motioned me to get out.

I got out of the car and was amazed by what I saw.

Gabriel had parked on top of a small cliff, overlooking the whole city of LA. The soft lights were flickering in the darkness of the night, and the cars were moving rapidly across the freeways and cross streets. It was beautiful.

Gabriel and I sat on the hood of his car , staring down at the glowing city below. I get to cherish every care free moment I spend with my best friend, and I couldn't be happier.

"It's beautiful." I stated.

Gabriel knew how much I loved city lights, and he really out did himself this time, bringing me up here.

"I know." He spoke. "When I was bored, I used to drive up here all the time and just think. Take a few photos, and write whatever thoughts came to my mind. This place kinda just, spoke to me." He smiled while looking over the cliff at the never sleeping city down below.

"Alright we should probably get some shut eye. C'mon." He went back inside his car and reclined his seat, pulling a couple blankets from the backseat.

I opened the car door and sat down in my chair, reclining it as well.

"Goodnight Gabriel." I said, halfway asleep already as I pulled a blanket over my body.

"Goodnight Brooklyn."

The never ending droning sound from the city below us sent us into a blissful deep sleep. And I dreamt about bright green swinging trees and the wind blowing through flowers in a meadow. I dreamt of silence and noise, of colors and darkness, of soft memories and tough memories. But one thing I never dreamt about was sadness. Because that's just not what I am. That's just not what we are.

................................................................Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed! I also have my Calum hood fanfic, Reflection, and you can check that out as well☺️ thanks for reading! MORE TO COME BC THIS GONNA BE GOOD😂🎉~Cassandra