Part 3: Delicious Donuts

We stopped at a quaint little donut shop in LA and ordered a dozen so we could have extra for later. We also got some hot chocolate and some fruit that we picked up at a little market next door. We got back in the car and finished up our fruit, saving the donuts for when we got home. We decided to drive back to my place..seeing that there wasn't really much of a choice since I live here. Also because Gabriel's house is in Florida so there really isn't anywhere else he can stay in LA except for my house.

We parked outside of the garage, and got out of the car. As I was reaching for the box of donuts to take inside, Gabriel grabbed them first and ran inside with them.

"HAHAH YES I GOT THE DONUTS!" He yelled running up the driveway and to the door, holding the box of donuts up above his head like it was a prize to be won.

I stood there with my arms crossed and pretended to be mad at him, making a frowning face.

He looked at me and took a donut out of the box and he started to eat it. I slammed the car door shut, pretending to be mad about it.

"Sorry about it." He shrugged, his mouth stuffed with donut.

I started to laugh and so did he while a bit of donut flew out of his mouth. I started to laugheven harder while trying to get the house keys out of my bag.

"You're so stupid omg." I laughed putting the keys inside the lock and opening the door.

As Gabriel set the box of donuts down on the table, I heard the pitter patter of feet running towards us, and my roommate's voice yell, "ARE THE LOVEBIRDS HOME?"

"WE'RE NOT LOVEBIRDS" I yelled back.

She came around the corner, her blonde hair falling into place after running through the hallway.

"Does it look like I care?" She sarcastically asked. "I'm just here for the donuts."

"Ok Lindsey, I replied, "you can get some donuts after you tell me what happened with Bryan last night." I said pushing the box of donuts away from her.

"Ughh can I not tell you what happened with Bryan last night." She whined, plopping onto the couch.

"Well this has gotta be good." I said plopping down next to her. "What happened? I thought he came over here last night while Gabriel and I were out.." I asked.

"He did come over here last night." She replied.

"Oh." I said.

"Then he left about an hour later and said his washing machine was scaring his cat and he had to take care of it."

Gabriel laughed, and donut went flying out of his mouth AGAIN.

"GABRIEL!" I yelled.

"WhAT." He replied trying to salvage any donut that he spewed on my couch.

"How many donuts have you had?" I asked.

"This might be my fourth." He stated.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Lindsey.. "So did you guys like, talk about anything?"

"Sandwiches." She replied. "We talked about sandwiches and how many slices of turkey should be put on the bread, and how health addicts have a theory that white bread is worse than multigrain or if three pickles on a sandwich could be too many pickles...I'm honestly done with sandwiches for a while." She said, making a sick face.

"Woah pickles, how scandalous." chimed in Gabriel.

"Agh I know it was embarrassing, I wanted to leave my own house." Lindsey said, hiding her face in her hands.

"Ugh, I should be here next time." I said.

"Brooklyn no you don't have to do that."

"Obviously I do!" I stated. "You guys talked about freaking sandwiches."

"Ok ok, you're right." she nodded, clearly agreeing with me.

I smiled at her and then looked up to see Gabriel heading toward the guest room. I became curious and followed him.

"Um what are you doing?" I asked as he began to pull out his suitcase from underneath the bed.

"Umm, packing." He said, starting to take his clothes out of the drawer and placing them in the suitcase.

"Crap, I forgot about your flight." I sighed.

"Yeah well it's at 6:00 but I'm just getting a head start on things." He replied.

I looked at the clock. 1:00. Already?

"Why do you have to go?" I whined.

He turned to me and held my face in his hands.

"Brooklyn, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not leaving you forever." He let go and continued to pack. "I'm just going to Florida for college and for my family. I'll come back here for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Besides, you have Lindsey and all her Bryan problems to deal with." He chuckled.

"Ok, you're right I guess." I sighed.

He took me in for a hug and stroked my soft brown hair. "You're gonna be fine." He said. "Now, let's put on some music and we can pack together."

"Alright." I smiled "LINDSEY!"

"YEAH?" She yelled back.

"STOP THINKING ABOUT BRYAN. GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE WE'RE HELPING GABRIEL PACK."

"YAY!" I heard her yell, her feet slapping against the dark hardware floor as she ran down the hallway towards the guest bedroom.

It pained me more than usual to see him packing. Not only was he my best friend, but he was also the only boy I've liked. I guess I am falling for my best friend...and I hope it doesn't ruin anything.

How can I destroy these feelings?

................................................................hooray update! Is it possible to fall in love with your own story?😂 more coming soon guys :) ~Cass