Chapter 6: The Pillow and Pillowcase Theory

Selena's P.O.V.

My eyes flutter open while my nose embraces the incredible scent, along with how soft my pillow is. Suddenly, my pillow rises and now I can hear breathing. "Good morning Sunshine,"  I hear someone mumble.

Instantly, I remove my head from my pillow and come to find that my pillow is actually Clay Grant. He has a smile consuming his face and a dazed look in his eyes. He then asks if I know how beautiful I look. Refraining from answering, I remove his arms that are draping around me. As I jump out of my bed, I take my comforter with me.

When I look back at Clay, I discover that he is only in his boxers. Confused by how he got here and how I slept so comfortably, my eyes narrow. "What the hell?" I question while throwing my comforter at him. In flight like a paper airplane, it glides in the air and conveniently covers him. 

He grunts with annoyance as he attempts to free himself fro my comforter. I search the room for his clothes, but our room is spotless. Taylor waltzes into the room and takes a stand next to me. She rests her forearm on me and giggles at Clay's attempt to escape.

"I see tat the two love birds peacefully woke up," she laughs.

While I raise my eyebrows at her, I shake her arm off of me. 'Lovebirds?' Clay and I have only had one conversation. Plus he only waves at me and flashes that charming smile at me. Bottom line, we hardly know each other.

Clay calls for me, and Taylor jokes, "I think your boyfriend wants you." Irritably, I growl at her. My hand locks around her wrist and I drag her out of the room and slam the door behind us. 

"Can you please explain to me why Clay is here and why he doesn't have clothes on?" I hiss. Clay continues to call for me as he struggles with the comforter. 'How is he still struggling? Is my comforter that confusing?'

"Technically, he has his boxers on," she reminds with a confident smile. 

I grumble, "Taylor."

After a roll of her eyes, Taylor goes into explicit detail of how Clay came to our apartment. Taylor being Taylor, of course, had to tell it as a fairytale. But if this were my fairytale, my castle would be The Key to Dance Academy. Not to mention, this princess is not looking for a prince.

He waited at the doorway of the party. Dressed in nicely, fitted dark washed jeans and a navy blue baseball tee, he had a smile to match. Eagerly, he greeted each party guest hoping to find the brunette beauty that has caught his eyes for several weeks now.

"Wait, Clay told you all of this?" I skeptically ask.

"You learn a lot about a person when you're in a car with them for more than five minutes," she  answers.

"No kidding."

When Prince Clay finds his lady's best friend, he pulls the fair maiden off to the side. Rather than complementing how gorgeous she looked, he questioned where the beautiful Selena was. He hardly made eye contact with Taylor, since he was focused on finding Selena.

After Taylor unveiled that Selena was too busy to come, he kidnapped Taylor. He charged through the campus, slithering through the groups of people. However, the surprisingly strong Taylor manages to pull the eager Clay to a stop. She reminds him that the party is the other way. But he rebuttals that Selena is far off in the other direction.

"Is the story format really necessary?" I fold my arms. 

"Most definitely."

Eventually, the two come to a common ground. They agreed to stay at the party at least until 11 p.m. It's not too early and not too late.