Chapter 3: It's Time to Go

Selena's P.O.V.

Forrest and I are running down the busy New York street. A block ago, we tossed our half drunk lattes in a recycling bin. (Forrest is very persistent in keeping our planet clean.) We bump into hoards of people on our way. Apparently there were huge sales on this block at every single store. How had I missed this? I literally walk down this street every day.

In my hand is my phone, that I am constantly glancing at. On our way over, the subway had broken down in two minutes. During this time, Forrest and I configured the speed. We need at a speed of at least 8 miles per hour if we want to arrive on time. What we forgot to contribute to our calculations was foot traffic. However, we are somehow miraceously on track. Perhaps the subway was going over its normal speed and this is why it broke down for that two minutes. We're extremely lucky that it was only two minutes.

We have three minutes to make it to the studio, if we want to be there ten minutes after the doors open. Harshly, I push against people to make it through the crowd that is only becoming larger and larger. The best part is that they don't care about me pushing against them since they are too concerned with the sales and being the first in line to achieve the best sales. Forrest manages to stay by my side the entire time. At one point, we smash into each other he brings his lips to my ear and whispers, "One minute and fourty two seconds remaining."

"I intend to beat the clock."

"Make sure not to wast too much energy, you need all of it for the auditions," he advises.

"As if I would use energy in my feet that isn't to point my toes," I remind. We both laugh then stay close together as we snake through the crowd. Now we're down to thirty seconds and studio is in sight. Our speed intenses and we are now out of the patches of people.

At the studio, we make it with five seconds to spare. What surprises me is that the doors are locked and none other than Resa Landing is waiting out front. Her arms are crossed and has impatience written in neon flashing lights across her body. She grunts, "I'm standing right here. If the studio was open, you both know I would be in there dancing my ass off."

Forrest and I pull on the handels once more. They are tightly locked and hardly move. We both turn and walk over to her. I swear I saw her stick her tongue out at me. Forrest stays close to my side and seems more on edge. Sure Resa is intimidating when she's enraged, but Forrest and I know how to handle her.

She directs her big blue eyes to Forrest and smiles at him. I've never seen her smile before, since she is always irritated by my presence. If anything, the closest thng I've got to a smile is a smirk. She says, "I'm glad that you made it Forrest." He simply nods at her. Resa is being extra friendly today. Did she wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Her eyes then go past Forrest to the doors that make the sound of unlocking. In place of the smile is now her smirk. Before she heads over into the studio, she goes over to Forrest. On her tip toes, she presses her lips right against his ear. In the loudest whisper I have ever heard and in the most sedutive tone says, "I'll see you in there Forrest. Break a leg." With that she takes her body away from him and scowls at me.

"Break bot of your legs Selena," she rudely semi-smiles at me. Slowly, she strokes Forrest's face a few times then goes back to her path of heading for the studio.

Forrest awkwardly smiles at me. He makes the wise decision of forgetting about Resa's recent actions. However, I can't do this because I'm beyond confused. At the top of my lungs, I scream, "What the hell was that about?" Is it crazy that I had the idea that Forrest liked whatever that disgusting act was? This is Resa we are talking about here! The girl who personally strives to make our lives (in and out of the studio) absolutely horrible.