Chapter 25: The Tampon Hero

Selena's P.O.V.

Right at 8 a.m. there is a knock on my apartment door. When I woke up, Taylor was gone. She didn't say anything about leaving last night. Everything last night about Taylor was kind of off. I didn't choose to question her because I knew that she was lying and she seemed to only be telling lies last night.

My hopes were that she would be here in the morning before I left so I could ask her where she really went last night. Forrest still hasn't called me back and I don't have a clue if he listened to my message. What if Taylor left in the middle of the night to go be with him and she spent the night at Little Cramp? The excitement bubbles up inside of me and causes me to smile when I open the door.

However, the sight in front of me makes my smile grow. Justin has sweats and a t-shirt on but he still looks incredibly attractive. In his hand, there is a pink box. Without him having to open it, I know what lies inside. He greets, "Good morning Prima Ballerina." Justin signals for me to take the box from him and I happily do so.

When I open the box, I inhale the scrumptious aroma of the donuts. With my mouth watering, I say, "You spoil me."

He reminds, "You're on vacation; there are no rules."

One cake donut with rainbow sprinkles all over catches my attention and I take a huge bite. With delight, I moan while eating it. It's been so long since I've had a donut. Why have I been torturing myself for this long? Donuts are so damn good. I should go on vacation more often.

Nearly finishing half of the donut, I offer Justin the rest. He shakes his head and reminds me that it's vacation and I need to be a little looser. Smiling, I happily eat the rest of my donut. Justin has one as well. There are a lot of donuts in that box. How many does he think that I can eat? Well, this is my first one in several months and I could actually scarf down another one.

Justin and I go to the back of the apartment and start to grab my bags. On the way, he looks at all the roses. Not one of them has wilted. Taylor seriously needs to give me the number to her florist. He asks as we walk into my room, "Is Taylor going to water all these while you're gone?"

I pick up a bag and throw it on my shoulder, "I hope so; I'll have to text her about it. I haven't seen her since last night."

He guesses, "Forrest's?"

"Your guess is as good as mine."

***

We're walking outside the apartment complex and then it hits me. Last night Justin has called and wanted to tell me something, but quickly fell flat. I turn around and ask him what the phone call was about last night. He's pleased to see that I remember, but there's also a hint of worry in his eyes.

"Did something happen with the trip?" I ask.

He assures that if it was something pertaining to the trip, he would have told me late night. If it's not about the trip and it's still on then what could it possibly be? Justin's eyes are wandering not past me. When I start to turn to see what he's staring at, he's quick to grab my shoulders and keep me focused on him.

"There are two things that I need to tell you," he admits. His voice is completely serious. He sets my bags down and the donut box on top, then he takes my hand. Now, I'm starting to worry.

"They're both on the bad side. One worse than the other, which one would you prefer for me to tell you first?" He offers me the benefit of choosing. It's like he's asking me either to walk into a room with no floor or walk into one that will combust the second the door shuts.

Since they're both on the bad side, I decide to choose the hear the worst one first. That way I will be somewhat relieved when I hear the less bad of news. He takes a lot of air in to prepare himself for this. Worry runs on his face and now I'm starting to wish that he just told me over the phone last night.