37-The Valdezinator Returns

ابدأ من البداية

What I hated the most about the "Aphrodite" claiming, was that the three scratches on my jaw were healed. They were supposed to be a reminder of what I did to Logan, but Aphrodite or whoever it was, had taken it away.

I shoved open the door to the girls's dormitory.

One door was open, with white light spilling out. The Ravenclaw Head Girl, Padma Patil, was standing outside, guarding the area. I silently pulled out my wand and Stunned her.

***

Leo's POV

Immediately after Drew had stormed away, Apollo, of all gods, flashed into existence.

Literally, of course.

Although we closed our eyes, we were still pretty much blinded.

"The light!" Nico yelled like a vampire.

Apollo spread his hands and grinned, his teeth and eyes shining like polished diamonds. Unfortunately for us, he was wearing only a toga and sandals.

He brought out a weird machine-like object, full of strings and pulleys.

I instantly recognized it as my Valdezinator.

He strummed a nice happy tune on the instrument that really matched his jolly demeanor.

"Valdez!" Apollo greeted. "I have mastered your instrument!"

"Um...that's great!"

Apollo beamed, "I call this one, 'Haiku.' "

He played a terrible scratchy song that sounded exactly like a Banshee crossed with a wild cat and an out of tune violin.

It went like this: Aiiiieeeeee wooooo MEOWW gaaaaaa jiiiiiooo rawr hiaaa tuuuu AHHHHH aieeee lo lo lo PA!

Everyone covered their ears in terror.

"Aliens!" someone yelled.

Aiiiieeeeeeeee!!!

"APOLLO!" Annabeth shouted. "Your haiku song is...um, it needs improvement. Can you skip to the part where you tell us why you're here?"

"Ah yes," Apollo remembered. He waved at Phoebe Page, "Hi honey!"

Phoebe looked uncomfortable, "Hi?"

Apollo turned back to us, "I'm sure you're wondering about that girl...um I believe her name's Wendy something or other."

"Drew," Annabeth said impatiently. "Wendy's not even close."

"They both have a W, an E, and a D! I would know, of course, being an excellent user of the English language."

"Really?" Percy asked, looking genuinely puzzled.

"Wait a moment please," Dumbledore interrupted. He raised his voice, "Students! You are dismissed."

The students reluctantly left the Great Hall, shooting curious glances at Apollo (or dazed and crazy glances of fangirl delirium at his biceps).

Harry and Ron helped Neville out. He was the only one who hadn't woken up from fainting.

"Anyway," Apollo plucked a few strings. "Yes, Drew's a daughter of Ares and Aphrodite, along with her twin sister. And I know lots about twins!"

Seeing Thalia's impatient look, he exclaimed, "Oh Thalia, sweetheart! I heard you've quit the Hunters. I was wondering if you and I could go—"