𝟏𝟒. 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Padmé, but what if the war comes to us?" I nicely speak, with an understanding look. "I understand the price of war for the Galaxy, I do, but I can tell you right now that the Jedi wouldn't survive on their own in an intergalactic conflict."

"And our duty as Jedi might be to keep the peace," Anakin adds, glancing at Padmé. "Peace in the Republic." Then, she looks at both of us and nods slowly.

"Alright, I have been having this exact debate for months in the Republic Senate, and I am not going to have it in my own house." She sits down in her desk, and I nod.

"Understandable." I say, before giving her a smile and opening the book again.

The page I had left the reading on, is now slightly folded from when I collided with Anakin. I glance at him, as he paces around the room, inspecting it. I try to keep my concentration on the book as Padmé calls him, trying to figure out something for him to do.

At the end, Padmé gives him a notebook and a pencil. He seems to be... Drawing. I have never seen him drawing before. Maybe he is writing, working on his calligraphy even, but... He really seems to be sketching. However, I try to stay focused on the book and its compelling romantic narrative.

After a while, I have already read past the centerfold of the book, and I have been able to concentrate in the story. Apparently, Dartys is in love with Elayne. I am enjoying this book too much. But I am soon taken away from the story.

"Maybe we should take shifts to protect Padmé," Anakin tells me from the couch in front of me. I frown at him slightly, before he continues with his explanation. "That will be more productive for the both of us." I take a second to realize what he is saying.

Productive? What the fuck possessed you, Anakin? I wonder, blocking all my thoughts from him. Whatever he is going through, he is pushing me away, that much I can tell.

And he must have a very convincing reason to use the productivity of our time as an excuse. Like there was something here to do that was productive in any way. He is really trying to mess with me, isn't he?

"Oh," I say, narrowing my eyes slightly. "Of course, yeah..."

I give him the space he wants, for now. I won't have an argument right now. Maybe I can get answers differently, it doesn't necessarily has to be by confrontation. I think we've come to terms with the idea that I don't really like confrontation itself, I do prefer diplomacy and dialogue at best, but sometimes confrontation is not an option, it's just the only way.

Everything just seemed so right yesterday. I feel such peace beside him, one I am not sure I have ever felt before. It is strange to feel so good with someone, to the extent of feeling a faint and soft tingling sensation just from being with him.

When I woke up beside him, it warmed my heart for the rest of the day; and the walk around the island... It was magical, and strangely awkward, while we discussed the topic of sex, but I am certainly not bothered by its awkwardness. I just had never spoken about it with Anakin, but I am glad we spoke about it.

It was truly one of the best days in my life, until he decided to decline my invitation to sleep in my room. Now, I understand he maybe wanted some space, but if that was the case, he would have spoken to me other than to talk about shifts and their productivity.

Something about mixing this place's alluring energy with his familiar and warm one makes me wonder if this is what a home is supposed to feel like.