𝟏𝟒. 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Oh, good morning, Elara," Padmé's voice makes me turn to look at her, before I am even able to apologise. "Look at you, aren't you going to get dressed?"

I look down at my night dress and the robe I put on top of it. I close the robe a bit, and keep the book close to my chest.

"I mean, I am dressed." I reply with a small smile.

"Oh, yes, I know but, I thought you maybe wanted to wear something else."

"I'm actually fine," I say, shaking my head. "What have you planned for this morning?"

"I have to read some studies and review some reports and statistics..." She informs as she starts walking through the hall. I glance at Anakin, but he is already walking after Padmé.

"Sounds fun," Anakin comments raising his eyebrows, and scoffing.

"Yeah, very." I reply, with a small frown, following them slowly. He didn't talk to me; he didn't even look at me.

What the fuck.

"It is worth it," Padmé says, looking at us with a polite grin.

She opens a door that leads us into a wide room, illuminated with the rays of sunlight that enter through the arches. I would assume this is an office, due to the presence of a wide desk by the arches. There are two large chesterfield couches that are placed one in front of the other as you walk into the room.

I step inside of the office the last one, as my mind still thinks  about what is going on with Anakin. I don't know what have I done to receive this kind of treatment. Just when I thought everything was fine between us, apparently, it is not.

"Altair brought me this study about the costs of militarization in the Republic. It obviously covers the financial and economic impact this has on the Republic, but it includes the social and political price we will pay if we militarize the Republic." Padmé says as she walks towards the desk. I frown, as I do have mixed feelings about the militarization topic.

"I must admit I am partly against militarization... I have the feeling the credits that would be used on creating and funding an army could be directed towards other areas in society that may need it more but..." I start to say, sitting down in one of the couches. "You know there's been a lot of Separatist noise in the galaxy... If a war starts, I am afraid the Republic is not ready to face it."

"For there to be a war, you need two sides," Padmé replies, with a soft frown. "If we don't undergo militarization, we can always opt for a peaceful and diplomatic solution. Dialogue is the way to solve conflicts, not throwing armies around."

"For there to be a war you need two sides, you're right," Anakin nods, as he stands nearby the couch in front of me. "But you also need equal power to survive. If somehow this situation evolves into a war and the Separatists do become a militarized army, we won't survive any attack without an army." Padmé looks at Anakin, narrowing her eyes.

"I just don't understand why are we even considering armies and wars as an option when, in the first place we haven't even received any direct threats. We should seek for dialogue and diplomacy instead," She responds, organising some papers rushed, almost with a hint of anger. "In the Senate, our job is to organize the Galaxy through peaceful solutions and intellectual discourses. And as Jedi, you shouldn't even think about war, you are peacekeepers." Anakin looks down, taking a deep breath.