"Kharter, Thanksgiving is next week, so that means everyone's going shopping next week. Early bird gets the worm," she said.

I chuckled remembering what Myles said. We went through the aisles of Walmart as my mom browsed through different things needed for her to cook.

"Kharter?"

"Ma'm?

"Can you go get some celery?"

I nodded my bead and started to search around Walmart for the produce aisle or something. I finally found it and began to pick up some celery.

"Kharter Turner?"

I turned my head and looked to see a guy standing there. He must've saw my look of confusion because he came closer to me.

"RaShad Piker?"

"In the flesh," he said as he held his arms out for a hug. We gave each other a quick hug and I smelled his intoxicating cologne he had on.

"Oh my God, it's been ages. Look at you!"

RaShad Piker was my high school crush, even though he was a star athlete and excelled academically, he still remained humble.

"I know, look at you though. I mean you were beautiful when we were school, but you look even more beautiful now. Your boyfriend is a lucky guy."

"Oh, I don't have a boyfriend."

"Well, thats even better. How you been?"

"I've been good. What about you?"

"Good, we definitely need to catch up. Mind if we exchange numbers?"

"No not at all," I said as I pulled out my phone. He gave me his phone and I put my number in, while he did the same to mine.

"I'll definitely will be calling you, Ms. Turner."

"And I'll definitely answer it, Mr. Piker," I said as I walked off.

I walked over to my mom with the celery and she looked at me with a look of concern.

"What?"

"Why you walking over smiling like a little schoolgirl?"

She asked as she put some spices in the shopping cart.

"Guess who I just saw," I said as I leaned over the cart.

"Uhm, who?"

"RaShad Piker."

"You talking about the little boy you had on a crush in high school?"

"Yes Ma and he gotten finer too."

"Like how fine Idris Elba fine or Michael Ealy fine?"

"I'm talking about Morris Chestnut type of fine."

"Ooh girl! You done got me worked up in Walmart," my mom yelped as she fanned herself. My mother and I always been close, we talk just like best friends. After we finished shopping, we paid for everything and headed home.

"You coming tonight?"

"To where?"

"Kenny's basketball game."

"Of course, you know who they playing tonight?

"No, something with a T. I heard its going to be good though."

"Well, I can't wait."

Hours Later

"Kharter, hurry up!" My dad yelled from downstairs.