Breathless

I stood there on the rocky, sandy pavement with my heart not in its original location, my legs horrendously paralyzed and my head trying to expose if this was reality or just a dreadful nightmare. After all these years we have come back to see each other but this time it was different. It was dreadfully sickening, extra unwanted and deathly of me.

"Put the gun down" Christian calmy said with this look that showed how unfearful and sturdy he was from these fireguns. Was he used to them or did he want to act tough? When Blake Mistova didn't put the larger, Russian gun down, Christian appallingly pulled out two, glistening black pistols from the back of his pants and that's when I knew I was going to faint, I felt nauseous and atrociously alarmed with fear, when did he get these? Did Christian have weapons hidden all along in the car or was it just these two firearms? Questions roamed and roamed making my insides crush in fear and my heart collapsed into the tiniest ashes.

How did they follow us? How did they find out that it was this dead motel we were going to be staying in? My heart raced with my sweat pouring itself out of my skin, I felt my face resemble a perfectly picked banana and felt like today was my death day.

"Juliet get behind me" Christian didn't have to tell me twice to do so, immediately I grabbed his shirt and tightened my fist in them as I faced his muscular back that blocked the view in front of me. I felt protected but still my heart was in my stomach and my legs still shaking in horrendous fear. We needed to leave this place, we have no signal and nobody we can reach to help us.

"No violence James, I just need that pretty thing you're hiding behind your back, all we need and you can run along like nothing ever happened" His deep, revolting masculine voice chuckled when Christian showed him his plan was of course not agreed on from the two teams and instantly I felt something tug at my arm and I screamed bloody murder.

The tattooed man with blazing, brown eyes reeking of strong alcohol started to trace things on my arm using one finger with lascivious eyes and immediately, I came closer to Christian and begged for God to wake me up from this dream.

But, when the tattooed man didn't leave me alone and still kept coming at me, Christian quickly fired his gun effortlessly and I gasped covering my face. The bullet shot right in his upper chest, firstly his eyes closing painfully and then his arm barely holding itself, and his body collapsed on to the road. I didnt move.

"We can play the same game Mistova" Christian remarked with no emotions cascading his firm, solid face as I was soonly about to fall into coma. I just witnessed a man being killed. My eyes bulging out of their sockets and my hands covering my face as my lips trembled helplessly and my legs not seeming to find stability.

"Or we can say Game over and hand me over my lovely soon to be wife" Mistova's sickening and repugnant words forced me to look up and I noticed how Christians back tensed up and I felt the anger radiated off of him. I looked back down at the lifeless body and tried to calm myself knowing what would happen if I let fear consume me.

"Where is she?" Christian asked a tiny bit of a fraction more softly, like she was something he valued in his life, and just as my fear died down my curious rose. Who was she he was referring to? What was going on right now, someone please tell me. I looked up at Christian than slowly let me eyes die down.

"Does Christian James still love the one and only Gabriella Stone, but I thought you had my fiance to uplift your spirits? So let's do a fair trade, I'll give you her only if you give me-" He pointed at me and never in my life have I been so harassed, I'm not an object, I don't belong to anyone and it was just getting too much on my system. My stomach was tied in knots and my head was carrying bricks, my heart felt fractured and half of it was occupied by fear.