Chapter 4: My name's Velvet

Name] for the past week has had the same routine everyday he would go to school get bored out of his mind during classes. Head to lunch find the same four boys pick on the same bunny faunas he would end up giving her his lunch because they would find ways to make her food uneatable.

Today was no exception he was about to leave until he found a hand gently grab his wrist. He turned to see the brunette looking at him she then looked at the seat next to her. Now [Name] may not be a rocket scientist but he could read body language. Just as the girl was about to say something he took a seat next to her and just sat their.

P.O.V. Change Velvet

'It's always the same thing the boy with [h/c] colored locks ends up giving me his food because CRDL messes with my food.'

I was making my way back to my table with my food but as always CRDL picked on me because I was a faunas. They pulled onto my ears until they got sore although now a days their always sore because of how much they pull on them.

"Hey you know you should just drop out like a faunas could ever become a good hunter. You should just save us the effort and just drop out."

They always say things like this. My ears have gotten to the point to where I can no longer take a shower without it stinging them.

I went back to my table sitting by myself like always then he showed up and gave me his food. 'I could use the company.'

He began to walk away but on instinct I grabbed his wrist 'what am I doing I'm a faunas there's no way he a human would want to even be seen with me let alone keep me company.'

I then looked at my seat a bit saddened by the idea that I would have to eat alone again but then he sat beside me and just sat there.

I had to say something to the person who had shown me kindness for a whole week.
"My name's Velvet" I said weakly

"Mines [Name]" he said staring at my ears

P.O.V. change [Name]

After I took a seat next to her I suddenly found myself fascinated by ears.

I was shaken out of my thoughts by her voice "my names Velvet" she had a soft voice it actually fit her quiet well and in my own personal opinion made her look a bit cute.

"Mines [Name]" I said as a response I never took my eyes off them I just had to know what it was like.

"Can I touch them?" I said pointing to her ears.

"You aren't going to pull on them are you?" She ask a small amount fear hidden in her voice.

"Of course not." I said giving her a friendly smile.

"O-okay then b-but be c-careful their a little s-sore."

I nodded I could only imagine they must be. I reached up gently touched one and gently rubbed them between my fingers she let a smile grace her face. As she leaned her head towards me.

She seemed to enjoy it so I just continued she then in a soft low voice said "th-thank y-you th-that feels r-really n-nice." She also had a small tint of pink across her face.

"it's always my pleasure to help out any beautiful girl." I said without thinking after I reread my word I felt my face heat up a little.

"You don't have to call me that." She said a bit saddened.

"Why not?" I asked genuinely.

"I know I'm pretty."she said as a sad smile graced her features.

"That's not true you are pretty one of the prettiest people I've had the pleasure to meet." I said trying to comfort the girl.

"I know you don't mean that." She said looking at me a little more saddened than before in fact it almost looked like she was going to cry.

"I really do mean that Velvet. You know what to prove it let me take you out for ice cream this weekend." 'What the hell did I just ask a girl I just met out.

"I've got nothing planned Saturday evening so if that works for you- wait is this a d-d-date" this act I found extremely adorable how she suddenly became flustered.

"It's only a date if you're okay with calling it that." I said not wanting to upset the girl.

"I'll think about it but I will meet you in the park around twelve." She said still having a slight shade of red on her face.

"Great see you their then Velvet." I then got up and walked away as I did I started to think 'where did that come from why did I ask her out. Wait like you said it's only a date if she wants to call it that. Well either way might as well find something to wear even if it is just for ice cream.'

As I walked down the hallway I felt my heart lighten up a bit and start to beat a little faster than before. 'What's this all about.' I thought grabbing my chest. 'I may want to talk to someone about this.'

P.O.V. Change Velvet.

'He asked me out. He asked me out. He asked me out.' That statement was all that occupied my brain for a least five minutes until I desided weather or not it should be called a date.

'What if he doesn't mean it like that? What if he just wants to stay friends? But then again maybe CRDL will finally leave me alone if I do call it a date. Hmmm.' I then thought it over before I came to the conculstion in my head.

'It's a date.' I said in my head but as I did I noticed something odd my heart stopped then started back up. 'Woah what happened their well might as well pick out what I'm going to wear for my ..... Date.' As I thought this I felt my heart start to pound harder not faster just ...harder.